Odd search result

A. Smith

I did a search for  [VERB second] <XOR> [PRONOUN personal second] <AND> [RANGE james]  and got the expected results. However, I then searched  [HITS NA28 Greek NT (Sigla) 3] <AND> [RANGE james] in another tab and things got weird. For example, it highlighted infinitives??? You'll see this in the second picture at verse 18.

post-29320-0-72613200-1493135652_thumb.png

post-29320-0-29105000-1493135664_thumb.png

Edited by A. Smith

That seems to have worked, but why? what does 'I' do? I don't recall ever seeing that before? What I'm doing is temporarily highlighting first person and second person pronouns/verbs a different color to see their distribution in James. That's what the 'hits' window was leading to. 

HITS on it's own uses the lexical forms of the hit words and does a lex search finding all inflected forms for those lex forms. So you see forms in the second search that the first excluded. HITS=i uses the inflected forms and does an inflected search so you don't get other forms.

Thx

D

• Like 1

HITS on it's own uses the lexical forms of the hit words and does a lex search finding all inflected forms for those lex forms. So you see forms in the second search that the first excluded. HITS=i uses the inflected forms and does an inflected search so you don't get other forms.

Thx

D

Thanks!!