Photo

How to Create Hebrew Verb lists which include forms with pronominal suffixes AND/OR Waw-Consecutive?

hebrew verb charts lists suffix waw consecutive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sonshine71

sonshine71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 10:52 AM

Hi,

Aas the title describes, I am wanting to generate a list of Hebrew verbs which INCLUDE the pronominal suffixe and waw-consecutive. I want this list to be restricted only to the range of Jonah 1-4 and include full parsing (including suffix).

How is this done?

I have learned how to create a basic Hebrew verb list with parsing, etc. but noted that the suffix and waw-consec are all removed.

suggestions (or better: command line examples)?

Thanks,

Jason

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 10,362 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 01:49 PM

I do not think you can do this easily since all the words have the prefixes and suffixes split off, both as inflected and as lexical forms.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 sonshine71

sonshine71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 06:19 PM

Yes, that's exactly the problem —prefixes and suffixed pronominals are treated as separate parts when listed in the analysis window.

OK, so there's no (easy) way to build up a morphological data base of a passage without laboriously (manually) putting all of the separated parts back together again.

Got it.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Jason

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hebrew, verb, charts, lists, suffix, waw consecutive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users