Something like Natural Language Input for Search Entry Area

Abram K-J

I've started using Todoist as my chief task manager, not least because it supports natural language input, so that writing "#church" and "Tuesday" in the same line as my task automatically sends my task to my Church project and gives it a due date... no need for drop-down menus, etc.

It would be sweet if the Search Entry Area in Accordance could at some point support something like natural language input. So that if I'm in the NRSV in a new Workspace, I could just type in, "Gen 12 LXX1" (for Rahlfs) or "Ex 20 LXXS-T" (for Swete)... or even "Gen 12 Rahlfs" and have it not only go to the right verse but switch search versions and then pull up that verse, all at once.

Thanks for considering the request!

• Like 2

I'd probably put the text module first, as it would have to apply to all refs in the query.

Tx

D

Here's a macOS Service that you can assign a global keyboard shortcut. You can use it while in Accordance or when anywhere.

It simply brings up a search bar, that you can enter:

lxx Gen 1.1

which will display in Accordance Genesis 1.1 using the first module whose short name contains "lxx"

Gen 1.1

which will display in Accordance Genesis 1.1 using the first default module

Acc - Search Bar

Lots of potential for expanding it with natural language.

• Like 2

Hmmm..., you can actually do something like this now with an accord link in a User Tool, User Note, Paper, Stack (User Item), etc.

Try this one: accord://search/GNT28-T?"ἐγώ_εἰμι"_<AND>_[RANGE_John]_

LoL, Tim, you and I have two very different understandings of the word "natural". :)

Hey, Joe, you're more of a computer nerd than I. I figured this WAS natural—for people like you.

Hey, Joe, you're more of a computer nerd than I. I figured this WAS natural—for people like you.

Excellent point

• Like 1

Humph, it's not natural unless it is done with vi. Now excuse me while I chase some kids off my lawn. ;-)

• Like 2