NEW! The Carta Jerusalem Atlas (3rd ed.)

R. Mansfield

Now Available for the Accordance Bible Software Library: THE CARTA JERUSALEM ATLAS 3rd edition--Introductory & upgrade pricing available!

See today's blog post for more information.

Accordance 12 screenshot:

Carta Jerusalem Atlas-r.png

This month Israel and Jewish communities throughout the world celebrate the 50th year of the reunification of Jerusalem, the Eternal Capital of the Jewish people, during the Six Day War in June 1967.

Yom Yerushalayim (Jerusalem Day) is always celebrated on the 28th day of the Hebrew month of Iyar, the day in 1967 when the city was reunified  This year the celebration falls out on May 24.

This atlas is a wonderful addition to the Accordance library.

• Like 1

After my initial excitement and after updating to the latest version, I am a very disappointed..

I quote from the Atlas:

Lastly, we have appended a modern map of the Old City of Jerusalem.
Dan Bahat and Chaim T. Rubinstein, The Carta Jerusalem Atlas, Third Updated and Expanded ed. (Jerusalem: Carta, 2011), 165.
accord://read/C-Jerusalem_Atlas#1264

Where is the map of the old city?  Where are the hyperlinks to the map??

Also, Under Sites and Institutions we have map locations but nothing hyperlinked to any map.

The Street Index is not hyperlinked to any map as well.

As I wrote in response to your PM:

Thank you for the feedback.

The map appears on page 167, but I agree it needs a heading so that it can be found and appears in the browser. We will fix that.

We cannot hyperlink to the map in the module. We were not supplied with an interactive map nor could Accordance support one if we were. It would have to be specially developed.

• Like 1

Helen,

Thanks for you response and explanation.

I don't believe that I received a PM from you.

Best wishes from Yerushalayim

Helen,

Thanks.  Now I see your PM. 

Info please,

What's the difference between this atlas and

Historical Atlas of Jerusalem; and Jerusalem in the year 30 A.D?

Does the purchase of this Atlas contain the information contained in the other two volumes?

Thanks

Leaving you in God's Care and Grace

This Atlas is by Dan Bahat who is also the author of the Historical Atlas of Jerusalem. I think that the new one covers Jerusalem is more detail and is going to include all the information from the Historical Atlas.

Jerusalem in the year 30 A.D is by Leen & Kathleen Ritmeyer and focuses on the archaeological findings relating to the Second Temple period. I highly recommend it in addition to the Carta Jerusalem Atlas as it has additional photos and Leen's detailed reconstructions.

Today is the LAST DAY to get discounted introductory pricing on THE CARTA JERUSALEM ATLAS (3rd ed.) for the Accordance Bible Software Library! Upgrade pricing from the previous edition is also available. Don't wait--sale ends at MIDNIGHT TONIGHT EDT!

Today is the LAST DAY to get discounted introductory pricing on THE CARTA JERUSALEM ATLAS (3rd ed.) for the Accordance Bible Software Library! Upgrade pricing from the previous edition is also available. Don't wait--sale ends at MIDNIGHT TONIGHT EDT!

Ends May 8. Like I see on the https://www.accordancebible.com/store/saleor on the 15th like https://www.accordancebible.com/7-Benefits-Graphics-Collections?

Greetings

Fabian

Discounted introductory pricing on The Carta Jerusalem Atlas ends today. The Accordance Graphics Collections sale has been extended through May 15. 

Thanks. 

Whats cheaper to take the introductory pricing on the Carta Jerusalem Atlas or to upgrade the Graphics Master which only miss the new Carta?

Normally the Upgrade should be cheaper but now it's 8 buck more (but it comes it will be manually reviewed).

Greetings

Fabian 

Edited by Fabian

The Graphics Master has been now updated to include the new Carta upgrades.

• Like 1