Clicking on a Scripture Link opens a Blank Tab

Max Carlton

Whenever I am using a saved workspace and I click on a Scripture link from any tool, it opens a blank tab rather than the expected behavior of displaying the selected Scripture reference in the new tab. 

For example: I have a workspace open with the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge in one tab. I click on a Scripture link in the TSK and it opens a new tab with nothing displayed in the tab.

If I open a new tool within my workspace, the behavior of clicking on a Scripture link within a tool works correctly. But clicking on a Scripture link from any tool from the saved workspace only opens a blank new tab.

I have also tried re-saving the workspace after opening a particular tool and observing correct behavior. But once I close and reopen the workspace, clicking on a Scripture link within any tool (Commentary, Dictionary, Cross Reference, User Tool, etc.) opens a new blank tab rather than a tab with the selected text.

Accordance 11.2.5

Any ideas?

Have you checked the Set Tool display for that tool in that workspace, reset it if necessary and resaved the workspace? Is this Mac or PC?

I'm using Mac OS X.

Yes, I've looked at the settings in the Set Tool Display; specifically, the Hypertext settings. They are set correctly. I have also changed to default settings from my custom settings and the behavior is the same.

Yes, I've tried to resave the workspace. I've even deleted the old workspace and started a new workspace. However, once I close and then reopen any saved workspace, clicking on a verse hyperlink opens a blank tab. 

If I open an identical module from within an open workspace, everything works fine until I close and then reopen a saved workspace. The problem only occurs when working with tabs that are part of a saved workspace.

I also noticed that this behavior only occurs with the first attempt at opening a verse hyperlink. On a recycled tab, if I go back to the module that I originally clicked and then click another verse hyperlink, the recycled tab displays the correct text. But, if I close the tab and then try to click a verse hyperlink, it opens to a blank tab.

I ried to reproduce this in 11.2.5, but could not. Perhaps you could contact me directly (send a PM) to arrange for me to screenshare and see the issue.

I also noticed that this behavior only occurs when I have the default maximum zones set to 1.

I tried to test one of the workspaces in another laptop with 11.2.5 and it works just fine there. So, there must be some setting that is causing the problem on my primary device.

Edited by Max Carlton

I tried the same operation using a previous version of Accordance, 11.1.6, and the issue did not occur. If I run two different versions of Accordance on the same device, they both would derive their settings from the same file, correct? So, if the settings are not the issue, I wonder what else I could try?

• 1 month later...

I upgraded to Accordance 12 and the same problem occurs. 

Whenever I try to use a saved workspace and I click on a Scripture link from any tool, it opens a blank tab rather than displaying the selected Scripture reference in the new tab. This only occurs when the default maximum zones is set to 1.

Is there some data container or Accordance preferences file that I can delete to reset the program to try to clear this problem?

OSX

Accordance 12.0.6