Photo

My Workspaces: Creating, Saving, Crashing (Win10)

Workspaces

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mgvh

mgvh

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Archaeology, Photography, Biking
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Windows, Android

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:59 AM

Grrrr....I have spent hours now trying to create two workspaces, one for textual comparison and another for Greek/English study. I'm writing this to help others.

I'm using Accordance 12 on a Win10 system. Either the Help files need to be updated, or there are technical issues. (Or perhaps I'm not reading the Help correctly, but I think I am.)

Following the Help file instructions, I created the layout I wanted.

1. If I try to use the +- button at the bottom of the Library pane, it only allows me to Add Favorite Workspace: existing workspace name. I.e., there is no way to create a new workspace, so all it does is overwrite the existing one, and so all my work is lost.
  2. If (following the Help file) I try to use the menu and use Window > Add to Favorites, again there is no option to rename a new workspace, and it just overwrites what the workspace is already named.
  3. If (following the Help file) I try to use the menu and use Amplify > My Workspaces, that option is grayed out and not available.

HERE IS WHAT YOU MUST DO:

The only solution I can find is to create the workspace I want, then use File > Save As and be sure to use a new name for the file (the default just uses the existing one) and create a new xxxx.accord file.

THEN, and only then can I use 1 or 2 above to add these to My Workspaces.

I have had numerous instances where trying to then open the new workspace causes Accordance to crash, but I am unable to replicate consistently when it does or does not crash.

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 12,038 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:36 PM

You can also rename the workspace in the Window menu and then directly add it to your favorites which also saves it.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 mgvh

mgvh

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Archaeology, Photography, Biking
  • Platforms:Windows, Android

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

Ah, yes! I see how that would work. Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Workspaces

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users