Tab shortcut keys not working

mgvh

I wanted to detach a tab.

I can click on the tab name dropdown, and I can click on Detach Tab, and it works.

I cannot, however, get the Detach Tab or any other of the shortcut key combinations to work, namely:

• CTRL + ALT + N to rename
  • CTRL W to close
  • CTRL D to duplicate
  • CTRL ALT T to detach

I've tried both small and capital tT and nN. Neither work.

I've tried both left and right CTRL and ALT combos. Neither work.

Please specify your Accordance version and the computer system.

Oops... forgot to mention that!

Windows 10 (64 bit)

Accordance 12.0.6

Any chance your keyboard is not set to English when you run Accordance?  You can tell that next to the time on the Windows' task bar.

Any chance your keyboard is not set to English when you run Accordance?  You can tell that next to the time on the Windows' task bar.

Yes, I've confirmed that I'm using an English keyboard.

Hmm.... I just tried to create a list of shortcut combos that are or are not working. I was getting inconsistent results...

It appears that they work or not depending on where the mouse cursor is clicked.

The CTRL ALT T to detach a tab works if the cursor is clicked in the text area, but not if it is clicked on the tab. All the other combos noted in my original post also work when the mouse is clicked into the text (and not on the tab).

Just some odd things...

• If I right click on the dropdown by the name of the text, it shows shortcut keys for switching to other text using SHIFT ALT and a number. I can't seem to make those work at all.
  • CTRL ALT 0 works to show/hide the toolbar, but it only works if I use the left CTRL and ALT. (Using the right CTRL and ALT with 0 jumps to a search).
  • CTRL 0 is supposed to "Show All" and CTRL \ is supposed to "Hide" - I'm not sure what they do, but CTRL \ simply closes Accordance.

I tend to use keyboard as much as possible, so that's why I'm working with learning the shortcuts. I'm making progress...