Atlas of christian history

ukfraser

With the release of the atlas of the european reformation in accordance (thanks), are there any plans to include the atlas of christian history by the same publisher and author in the ever full pipeline?

It lists 50 maps but includes africa and asia and latin america so im guessing there isnt too much overlap.

Thanks (as ever, give us something and we ask for more).

http://fortresspress.com/product/atlas-christian-history

• Like 2

That is a good resource, Fraser. I'll pass it on to the Book Committee. 

• 5 months later...

With all the current services focussing on the reformation, i have been spending a lot of time with the european reformation atlas (which is currently on sale).

Recently i was able to look at both volumes in hard back and noticed that many of the maps actually cross the binding making them difficult to read. None of that problem with the accordance one as all maps display beautifully in full screen! Plus it confirmed for me that the church history volume would be useful.

While the european reformation one is quite top level, it is a good introduction/overview and very readable and i wondered if there was any interest/progress in the sister volume on church history.

For anyone interested in the reformation and into visual books, i suggest you consider the atlas while currently on sale.

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=European+Reformations

;o)

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

+ for the Atlas of Christian History. Looks good.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I just wondered if this is being progressed or if the reformation sales were low and it’s been decided not to progress it.

I appreciate you have a large list of requests and a long pipeline of works to progress.

Thanks.

It's in queue for development along with a few other titles from Fortress, but I do not have a date for when it will be available. It's also fairly complex to work on, so will take some time once it is started.

Thanks for the feedback and request.

• Like 2

With all the current services focussing on the reformation, i have been spending a lot of time with the european reformation atlas (which is currently on sale).

ukfraser,

I bought this on your recommendation (the present 25% sale).  I didn't even realise it was available.  Thanks for the heads-up.  It looks really interesting.

Paul.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Thanks rick, good to know, your version is better than the hard copy (maps scan binding) so more than happy to wait. (Have more than enough accordance resources to read in the mean time!!!!!!)

Paul, i found it really good last year with the focus on the reformation, very top level but great starter and very readable so i hope you enjoy it. But the maps are brilliant!!!!!!

;o)

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

It's in queue for development along with a few other titles from Fortress, but I do not have a date for when it will be available. It's also fairly complex to work on, so will take some time once it is started.

I appreciate you have a lot on, as always, but any update on progress of this?

Thanks (and thanks for the recent oup which im certainly not complaining about if they jumped the queue.)

I appreciate you have a lot on, as always, but any update on progress of this?

Thanks (and thanks for the recent oup which im certainly not complaining about if they jumped the queue.)

No further updates, still in queue behind other titles (including more from OUP  ;)  ).

• Like 3

(including more from OUP  ;)  ).

What a tease!

Credit card is on stand by just in case!!!!!!

• Like 1

Fingers crossed for "Oxford Bible Commentary"

-dan

• Like 2

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What a great guesser you are, Dan! The Oxford Bible Commentary is now available!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you sooooooooo much for this excellent atlas of christian history!!!!!!!! I keep looking at the print edition in a local book store and have been looking forward to you adding it. One major advantage is that your maps do not cross the binding so are 100% readable (unlike the hard copy)!!!!

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Atlas+Christian+History

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Thank you sooooooooo much for this excellent atlas of christian history!!!!!!!! I keep looking at the print edition in a local book store and have been looking forward to you adding it. One major advantage is that your maps do not cross the binding so are 100% readable (unlike the hard copy)!!!!

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Atlas+Christian+History

We've temporarily pulled this because we need to re-title the short name. It will be back later this afternoon.

And...it’s back!