Mark 7:11 UBS4 Tagged has wrong comma?

mkroeker

Working through this passage and I believe there is a comma in the UBS4 text at Mark 7:11 that should not be there.

ὑμεῖς δὲ λέγετε, Ἐὰν εἴπῃ ἄνθρωπος τῷ πατρὶ ἢ τῇ μητρί, Κορβᾶν, ὅ ἐστιν, Δῶρον, ὃ ἐὰν ἐξ ἐμοῦ ὠφεληθῇς

It is between ὅ ἐστιν and Δῶρον.

I looked at the other Greek texts W&H, GNT, NA27 and they do not have it there. Thanks for looking into this.

If this is the wrong place for corrections like this please direct me to the right one.

Hello, mkroeker--

To make error submissions easier, Accordance has a built in feature that you can use in Windows or Mac (not available in iOS). If you select the area of the error and then select “Report a Correction” that is under the Help menu or within the Right-Click contextual menu, it will auto populate an email that contains important info for us to find the issue. You can add your comments regarding the correction needed and send that along.

The correction reports get sorted and are held until that module is updated.

• Like 1

okay, I operate just on iOS but sounds like a nice feature. Thanks

Working through this passage and I believe there is a comma in the UBS4 text at Mark 7:11 that should not be there.

ὑμεῖς δὲ λέγετε, Ἐὰν εἴπῃ ἄνθρωπος τῷ πατρὶ ἢ τῇ μητρί, Κορβᾶν, ὅ ἐστιν, Δῶρον, ὃ ἐὰν ἐξ ἐμοῦ ὠφεληθῇς

It is between ὅ ἐστιν and Δῶρον.

I looked at the other Greek texts W&H, GNT, NA27 and they do not have it there. Thanks for looking into this.

If this is the wrong place for corrections like this please direct me to the right one.

This is not a mistake. UBS4 does have a comma there. UBS5 removes it and thus falls in line w/ NA28. Both the Scrivener and Robinson-Pierpont editions do include it.

As you know, the Greek mss don't include punctuation (for the most part), so adding commas is a decision of modern editors.

Here the difference is perhaps similar to:

If a person says to his father or mother, "It is Korban (that is, 'gift') whatever you...

If a person says to his father or mother, "It is Korban, which is a gift, whatever you...