Diagram Feature Request

jbriones

So, I just started using Accordance 12 since yesterday (yay!). However, I think a good tool for the diagram section is this:

Be able to use the diagram tool so that resembles the text (BHS, GNT) rather than a number of individual words separated vertically (as it stands right now). Also, if we could separate the words and link them all rather than having them all individually separated would be cool to, but for now the resemblance of the text is key!

Thank you,

The formatting of the text once it enters the diagramming tool always matches the format in which it was displayed in the text from which you grabbed it.

So.. have you tried expanding the display window of the text (for example, the GNT) so that the text is wider then selecting it and hitting the diagram button?

Edit: This may not be entirely true. It may be dropped according to the width of the target (the diagramming pane).  Either way, it can be controlled.

Hope that helps!

Edited by jarcher

The formatting of the text once it enters the diagramming tool always matches the format in which it was displayed in the text from which you grabbed it.

So.. have you tried expanding the display window of the text (for example, the GNT) so that the text is wider then selecting it and hitting the diagram button?

Edit: This may not be entirely true. It may be dropped according to the width of the target (the diagramming pane).  Either way, it can be controlled.

Hope that helps!

I tried changing it, but it does not allow me. It keeps showing a long vertical pane instead of resembling the text. Something like this:

Jeremiah 1:1

Hebrew

Hebrew

Hebrew 

Instead of                                                            Hebrew  Hebrew Hebrew Jeremiah 1:1

Any help would be appreciate it. If anything, make it more intuitive for users. I know my friends were able to do this in Logos very easily. 

Thanks for the follow up. I haven't been able to reproduce this on either the Windows or the Mac version but let's see if we can figure it out.

The process I typically use is:

1) Select the text I want to diagram from the text window (GNT, English, Hebrew).

2) Click the diagram button from my toolbar (or select Diagram from Amplify > Language > Diagram)

Is that the same process you're using?

What version of Accordance are you running, by the way?

What version of Accordance are you running, by the way?

I am using version 12.0.6

@Jarcher. Yes that is the way in which I am selecting the text and diagramming it.

Have you tried with a different text, say HMT-W4 ? I cannot repro. what you are seeing in HMT-W4 .

Thx

D

Have you tried with a different text, say HMT-W4 ? I cannot repro. what you are seeing in HMT-W4 .

Thx

D

Yes. I tried with the Westminster Text as well and it gave me similar issues. Tried with the GNT as well and even with an English version (ESV). Same issue all along.

Hmmmm.... not sure - I cannot repro. this on either Mac or Windows I'm afraid.

The other thing that's odd is that the Hebrew example you posted is all to the left. When I use Hebrew I see it start on the right side and go RTL. I wonder if there is some sort of margin in effect that is pushing the text all to the left and thus causing it have to break every word.

Thx

D

jbriones, once you open a diagramming pane can you press control-T and show us the dialog window that pops up? I've also been unable to reproduce this issue.  Very strange...

Here it is @jarcher

Edited by jbriones

That's the same as what I have. 

I was able to partially reproduce this by choosing File -> Page Setup  and adjusting my margins.

I'm wondering if you click the text pane from which you're selecting the text then choose Page Setup and enter "1" for all margins and then trying again if that changes anything.

Is that by any chance a 4K external monitor or something else pretty hires ?

Thx

D

Is that by any chance a 4K external monitor or something else pretty hires ?

Thx

D

No. It is a 1080p display as far as I know. I have a Surface Pro 3. I tried it and it already had the margins at 1 for all of them, so I really don't know what's going on.