Would anyone here be interested in having this in Accordance?

Emanuel Cardona

Would anyone here be interested in having this in Accordance?

Zondervan NIV Nave's Topical Bible

It is a good resource to have alongside this one, which we have here.

+1

Emanuel & Bob, I already have it in my library!

post-5536-0-95791800-1495378442_thumb.png

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

I found the compact version lurking in english tools rather than reference tools where i first looked because of the word 'bible' in the title.

I suspect it came on the zondervan cd i first bought which got me into accordance as it had the niv study bible (and a load of other niv resources).

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

ukfraser, I believe you have the full version of Naves, I think your looking at the NIV compact Dictionary ;-)

Hi paul

Info is definitely for compact nave. ;o(

Below is info for the compact dictionary

I wonder what your info says about niv nave????

Edited by ukfraser

Emanuel & Bob, I already have it in my library!

I was searching in the store and I didn't find it. I wonder if it can be offered again for those who don't have it.

Fraser, I stand corrected! It is indeed compact.  My apologies...

post-5536-0-63487500-1495384052_thumb.png

;o)

Paul, Oh the joys of titles and information files!

Emanuel, this is what i bought (from accordance).

https://www.amazon.com/Zondervan-Essential-Macintosh®-Reference-Macintosh/dp/0310264650

You may find the cd available second hand unopened ( there were about 3 in the series and this was the base one, see screen shot for others).

I came across this thread

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/7185-zondervan-essential-bible-study-suite/

But i will leave others to comment why the items are not available as i have them on easy install and they have been updated but i suspect it is licencing issues as the work has already been done with the links.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Good grief look at the price of it!! Accordance had it on sale for $120 for the whole suite.  Nearly all these modules are available as individual purchases.  You may be able track it down on eBay or other trading sites for much cheaper..  Just make sure its a legitimate copy and accordance will probably add it your account.

;o)

Paul, Oh the joys of titles and information files!

Emanuel, this is what i bought (from accordance).https://www.amazon.com/Zondervan-Essential-Macintosh®-Reference-Macintosh/dp/0310264650

You may find the cd available second hand unopened ( there were about 3 in the series and this was the base one, see screen shot for others).

I came across this threadhttps://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/7185-zondervan-essential-bible-study-suite/

But i will leave others to comment why the items are not available as i have them on easy install and they have been updated but i suspect it is licencing issues as the work has already been done with the links.

Is there one for Windows? Perhaps not since Accordance was originally for Mac-only users? Edited by Emanuel Cardona

I started with a zondervan study bible cd which was windows, had niv study bible and some maps.

Then got pradis which was also windows

http://downloads.informer.com/pradis-niv-study-bible-fully-revised/

Which was a huge mistake as they had ruined the interface, lots more resources but just didnt work together very well so naves might well have been on the cd. May still have it, will check next week.

Both of these worked on nt so assume will work on later versions.

Then moved to mac and spent ages trying to find some software and eventually alighted on accordance and found out how bible software should work and what a blessing it was to be able to dig deeper effectively.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

The main reason why I would like it in electronic form instead of in print is of course because of searchability.

You should have the original

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Nave's

Comparison

What interested me about this particular topical Bible is the claim of additional headings, subtopics, and cross-references which can come in handy. I have read that it builds on the original you mention.

After seeing the thumbnails, I very much would like this resource as a separate purchase in Accordance, but I don't know if there is a reason it cannot be offered.

Maybe someone on the Accordance team may comment?

Edited by Emanuel Cardona

Niv naves is Certainly more structured with headings and includes g/k numbers

• Like 1

Niv naves is Certainly more structured with headings and includes g/k numbers

Thank you for the thumbnails, my friend! They are very helpful.

I think we have the license to sell it, but we didn't think people would pay for it, and we will have to pay a royalty. So, you all want it, but how much would you pay for it?

This book in Accordance should be no less than $20 but a reasonable price nevertheless. I would like to hear what others here think a reasonable price would be.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to delay the purchase of the print edition, but I would really like to use this resource. Any good news for the near future?

The only real thing stopping Accordance from an immediate release might be the desire to update the file... very useable, but if I was buying it I might expect it to be updated to having the numbers hot linked like its modern releases. That said the Abridged EBC is for sale with g/k numbers not live so it wouldn't be an unprecedented thing.

https://www.amazon.com/Study-Bible-Basic-Library-Macintosh/dp/0310230098/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1497546116&sr=1-1&keywords=niv+basic+bible+library+cdrom

purchase it here and you can manually add it if you are on a mac. If memory serves the modules were all in a folder unlocked...

-dan

Dan Francis quote... "purchase it here and you can manually add it if you are on a mac. If memory serves the modules were all in a folder unlocked..."

If you can prove to Accordance sales that this is a genuine, unopened box.  They may will add the modules to your account, without digging out the files manually.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Edit... They may well add the modules to your account, without manually digging out the files.

Thank you both, Dan and Paul! Very helpful.

I will be receiving the NIV Study Bible Basic Library for Mac today in the mail and was wondering how do I go about getting the resources installed in Accordance (both PC and Mac)?