Stange behavior in Thompson chain

Randy Cue

I have my ESV and Thompson chain opened and linked together. The ESV is open to Ruth 1. If I clink in the Thompson chain on 4230 the Analysis of the book, the ESV jumps to 1 Kings 16:19. If I open the ESV to Job 1 and click in the Thompson chain on 4240 the analysis of the book the ESV jumps to 1 Kings 15:34. If I open the ESV to any book of the Old Testament and click on the analysis of the book in the Thompson chain, the ESV always jumps tp a passage in 1 Kings. Things seem to be working as they should in the New Testament.

Randy,

I cannot reproduce with my system. What version #s do you have for each module? The latest for ESVS is 5.4; ESV is 4.2; Thompson is 2.4.

Also, what version of Accordance are you running?

Julie

By the way, clicking on most of the items in the Thompson chain for Ruth 1:1 causes the ESV to move to an unrelated new passage. Changing from the ESV to another version does not solve the problem.

Julie,

ESVS version 5.4, Thompson version 2.4, and Accordance version 12.0.6. 

We'll have one of the content developers take a look to see if there is anything hidden in the code that is causing yours to act up. In the meantime, perhaps try reinstalling Thompson to see if there is a glitch with the module.

I tried a restart of my computer, but that did not fix the problem. How do I reinstall the module?

To remove any module from your Library, right click on it and Remove Item. You will have the option to trash or not. Go ahead and trash it and then check Easy Install to re-install it. (If you choose not to trash a particular module, you can add it back to your Library by clicking on the "+" sign at the bottom of your Library window and Add New Modules.)

Thanks, Julie. I reinstalled it and the problem remains. Thanks for trying.

Randy,

I'll take a look at it. In the meantime, if you open Thompson Chain in parallel with the text, it should work just fine.

All the links are working properly for me.  I tested this against Ruth 1:1.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Thanks, Mark. It does work fine in parallel.

Randy,

I'll take a look at it. In the meantime, if you open Thompson Chain in parallel with the text, it should work just fine.

Any progress on this yet?

Curiosity got the better of me, I opened TCR from the info panel/NRSVS on Ruth 1:1, clicked on 22 and then clicked the first link to Genesis 12:10 and indeed a verse from 1 Kings popped up... closed it and tried again Ge 12:10 open properly and every other verse i clicked opened properly. So I can confirm I saw this bug, but cannot duplicate it like you are Randy.

-Dan

PS: All modules/ Accordance software is uptodate, MacOS 10.12.5 if that matters.

Edited by Daniel Francis

Thanks Dan. It's nice to know I'm not crazy  :) (at least in this case). I can't get mine to do what yours does (or did).

bump

Mark any word yet?

Still trying to figure out what's going on. Sorry for the delay.

Still trying to figure out what's going on. Sorry for the delay.

That's ok, Mark. I didn't mean to pester you. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't miss anything. I'm very appreciative of all the work that the tech folks at Accordance do.

• 2 weeks later...

With the roll out of 12.1, I thought I'd checkout this problem. What I found was very interesting. If I set the ESV for a book like Ruth or a book and chapter like Job 1, the problem persists. If I set the ESV for a range of verses like Zechariah 1:1-6, everything works as it should. Mark, I hope that information is of help to you.

An update is available now which should fix this issue.

• Like 1

Looks like it's working for me. Thanks, Mark and anyone else who worked on this.

• Like 1