Problem with Zondervan Exegetical Commentary Translation & Graphical Layout

tmykkanen

Is there any update on this? Am keen to invest in this set but am concerned about the formatting issue. Thanks

Apologies for the delayed reply; we're in the midst of preparing for our Fall releases.

This issue has not been addressed. We analyzed two different ways to handle these diagrams in March, both with their pros / cons, and wanted to wait a bit longer before committing the time to do it since it is a significant amount of work. It's my fault that it has not yet been addressed. I would have preferred that it not be promoted in a sale again, but this is a publisher promotion.

I realize this isn't a satisfactory answer. So I can only ask for a bit more patience until we can finally address it.

Thank you.

• Like 4

the midst of preparing for our Fall releases.

Getting me all excited... hehehehhehe

-dan

• Like 1

Thanks Rick,

I'm in two minds about this as it's a set I would eventually like to own in Accordance, not sure whether to get now or wait until the formatting issues are fixed. Can any one who owns this set comment on how much of a problem this is for them?

Another question, what is the lead time for the Nahum (2017), Joel (2017), Romans (2018) and I Corinthians (2018) volumes to be added?

Appreciate your help,

Thanks Paul

Edited by pbgroover

FWIW, at the sale price, I can live with a disfigured diagram. The bulk of the material is good and, knowing that it will get fixed in due time, I'm happy to take advantage of it. Plus, now I've got a few more paper books to sell! 

• Like 2

Thanks Rick,

I'm in two minds about this as it's a set I would eventually like to own in Accordance, not sure whether to get now or wait until the formatting issues are fixed. Can any one who owns this set comment on how much of a problem this is for them?

Another question, what is the lead time for the Nahum (2017), Joel (2017), Romans (2018) and I Corinthians (2018) volumes to be added?

Appreciate your help,

Thanks Paul

Paul,

I echo Anthony. I'm preaching through Acts right now and I find Schnabel's volume very helpful. I like how the series is laid out in general. On sale, I can overlook the formatting issues.

On a side note, Rick or anyone else from Accordance, any possibility of getting the upgrade on sale? I have the 8 volume set, and would buy the upgrade, but it's $189 which is only $10 cheaper than the whole set. Will that ever go on sale as well?

• Like 1

pbgroover,

I have had the set for some time and recently upgraded to the latest edition. I have not had any difficulty with the diagrams, but I have never seen the paper versions. While some of the diagrams might take a little bit of time to figure out, I have always felt that it was well worth the time & effort. This set has become one of my go to commentaries when working in a book covered by it. I just used the Acts volume for a paper I was writing for my D.Min. I used Strauss extensively while I was preaching through Mark, Arnold was as helpful as Hoehner was when I was preaching through Ephesians, Klink was incredibly helpful when I was preaching on the seven I Am's of Jesus in the Gospel of John, and I am looking forward to the insight I can gain from Jobes as I am starting to preach through 1 John this coming Sunday. I haven't had any opportunity to use any of the OT volumes yet, but expect them to be helpful when I do.

• Like 1

...any possibility of getting the upgrade on sale? I have the 8 volume set, and would buy the upgrade, but it's $189 which is only $10 cheaper than the whole set. Will that ever go on sale as well?

This is one of those instances that the publisher controls the pricing on the upgrade path, not us. It may be a waste of your time, but you could always call our sales team to see if there’s any way around this. That suggestion isn’t a promise of anything, and I don’t work in sales; but when I was a “regular” Accordance user, I would sometimes call sales to ask if anything could be done in situations like this. 

Thanks Anthony, Tyler, Rev Tim for the replies on this and votes of confidence on the set. I like what I have seen of the print editions and this sale price seems too good to pass up on...

• 6 months later...

Decided to wait on the last sale due to the formatting issue but since this set is back on sale today I’m wondering if the formatting issue has been addressed yet or what progress has been made through the volumes? Thanks

Please could someone at Accordance confirm while this set is on sale this week?

Edited by pbgroover

Hi All,

I realize that we have let you down on this front. I apologize (again) for that. I spoke with my VP yesterday and we agreed that we will finally address this in the coming months as we also acquire 3 new volumes in the series, and work on all of that at one time. I cannot give an accurate date as to when this will be complete at this time. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience, and again this sale was a publisher decision not ours.

Best,

Rick

• Like 5

Thanks Rick, appreciate the update on this and future volumes in the works :)

• Like 1