Factbook

jbriones

Comparing Logos vs Accordance today, there is a feature that could be very user friendly for all, the factbook. Once one selects a word, person, location, etc. and presses factbook, a lot of details come instantaneously, such as when he reigned, where the person lived, where the place is, etc. Moreover, there are links to timelines, maps, and other details. I have not found anything similar on Accordance and would find it useful for us. Thank you!

• Like 2

I also think that would be a wonderful feature to have.  But, I bet that there is a tremendous amount of work involved in getting that set up.

I have tried this.  Best you can do is use the research tab and input there.  This searches all, or a nominated subset of your library.  This approximates the Factbook feature in Logo, with all the tabbing that accordance has; this may or may not be the same as the logos factbook search.

Some time ago, someone put up equivalents templates that could approximate the Logos passage guide and exegetical guides.  These can be found Accordance exchange.  If you cannot find these   I can post them up later today, currently at work in sunny Sydney.

The accordance search is just as fast, or faster.

The workspaces for Passage guide, Exegetical guide and Word Study are in the workspaces section of Accordance exchange.

What is Accordance Exchange?  Searched Accordance Help but couldn't find anything on this.  Thanks!  

+1 for such a help, but I don't will love it if its only is a database without citations. I need Accordance because of the quality resources and not because Accordance or another Bible software say it. It is not recommend do cite a Bible software instead of a research paper or something which is based on a research paper.

Greetings

Fabian

+1 for such a help, but I don't will love it if its only is a database without citations. I need Accordance because of the quality resources and not because Accordance or another Bible software say it. It is not recommend do cite a Bible software instead of a research paper or something which is based on a research paper.

Greetings

Fabian

It is a full list of the places where the place is found in your library.

Like: Bethsaida for example you click factbook on Logos and it gives you Maps, Where it is in the Bible, Chronology of events regarding this place, where it is mentioned in your library, number of usages on the text itself, Greek lemma, etc. It's quick information at a glance but it also has depth. With Kings it does the same.

• Like 1

It is a full list of the places where the place is found in your library.

Like: Bethsaida for example you click factbook on Logos and it gives you Maps, Where it is in the Bible, Chronology of events regarding this place, where it is mentioned in your library, number of usages on the text itself, Greek lemma, etc. It's quick information at a glance but it also has depth. With Kings it does the same.

Thanks, yes this would be very great to have in Accordance.

Thanks for answering.

Greetings

Fabian

This could be helpful.

Without commenting on the nature of the usefulness or need of such tools I'll share an unpopular opinion (hopefully w/o derailing the thread) - it could be better long-term to do this type of research yourself. It, in my opinion, will pay better dividends.

• Like 1

This could be helpful.

Without commenting on the nature of the usefulness or need of such tools I'll share an unpopular opinion (hopefully w/o derailing the thread) - it could be better long-term to do this type of research yourself. It, in my opinion, will pay better dividends.

I agree with you. I think that doing the research on your own will be way more rewarding. However, I think about pastors, undergrad students, and MDiv students who would definitely want a snapshot in order to meet deadlines and write papers for their classes or writing sermons every week when you have a deadline to preach.

I just think it would be a great feature to include.

• Like 1

The InfoPane will give you links to the Topic, the Timeline, the Atlas, and virtually any resoources you have, for all the significant words in the verse at the top of your text pane. This is a great way to get information in the resources you choose.

The InfoPane will give you links to the Topic, the Timeline, the Atlas, and virtually any resoources you have, for all the significant words in the verse at the top of your text pane. This is a great way to get information in the resources you choose.

Very true. I have used it. I found it useful, but something like the image here is how I think it would be more aesthetically pleasing. I think it helps also to find the words I want and not the preselected ones on the info pane.

post-34435-0-57320900-1495741260_thumb.png

Edited by jbriones