Seeing About me in profiles

ukfraser

Hi, i have filled out some stuff 'about me' on my profile which i can see, but i cant see any way of seeing it on profiles of others on the forum. Is this for personal info only or am i missing where to click to see it on others.

Thanks

Edited by ukfraser

I can see your about me data if I click on your user name in a post. It takes me to https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/user/31185-ukfraser/. In mouseover it doesn't show though. My guess is that people don't publish about me content much.

Anyhow, for test purposes I added some text to the About Me on my member page. If you see this :

Hello this an about me page

then you can see the page.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל
  • Like 1

Thanks, yep can see it.guess its not being used then.

;o(

Perhaps this thread will be an encouragement for some people to use them. I just got totally carried away starting mine. It would be fun to see what others say about themselves.

Hopefully, i think it helps to understand where people are coming from when we respond on the forum. But i also appreciate that there are reasons why we need to minimise the amont of personal information we make public.

;o)

Hi,

A while ago I wrote something off-topic about Profiles:

First, they are buried in the Profile pages, and they are voluntary reads. So it doesn’t matter how long they are.

Second, the Accordance Forum feels like a small, tight-knit community. Reading each other's Profiles makes it feel even more so.

Third, the Profiles help us empathize with each other's posts.

And finally, I really enjoy reading the Profiles. Since I wish most of them were longer, I tried to set an example. :)

Regards,

Michel

• Like 1

In fairness i really hadn't put anything in my profile... I added a little more there.... I have never been good knowing what to say in those things..... I had initially put way too much in.... I am not sure, maybe I should have left more, but I got to thinking my messed up genetics or being primarily in a wheel chair have almost no influence on my use of Accordance, although I will say my iPad is much lighter than many of the tomes they replace so in that way I do find electronics books easier to use...

-dan

EDIT: Schriftgelehrter—scholar of the Scriptures.... although not sure I dare take such a title with no profession behind it only a passion... 

Edited by Daniel Francis