Where are User Bibles (Mac & Windows)

EricC

In the help document found here (http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/STC/content/topics/05_dd/import_user_bible.htm), it says that " The modulehttp://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/STC/content/SkinSupport/ExpandingClosed.gif is saved by default in the Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Shared User Bibles folder at the top level of the hard disk…"

I looked there on my Mac, and sure enough, there is a User Bible file that I made. However, it's an old version – it's not the one showing up in Accordance 12.0.6. So I looked in "Texts" in the "Modules" folder and the User Bible file (a later version with the same name) is showing up for use in Accordance is in there.

My questions are as follows:

(1) Where are User Bible files supposed to be?

(2) Is Accordance putting them somewhere different from where it used to put them?

(3) Is the help file above inaccurate?
(4) Seems to me the "Shared User Bibles" folder on Mac is obsolete. Every User Bible I have in there is either in "Texts" or newer versions of the same ones are in "Texts". Am I right that it's obsolete? Is it OK to just delete it?

(5) I occasionally run Accordance on Windows also. I'd also like to know where the User Bibles are supposed to be on Windows and if there are any similar issues on that platform.

Thanks!

I thought there use to be an option to show module but I am not seeing it at the moment... hope you can locate it..

-dan

On Mac Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Texts. Where all the other Bible are from Accordance. Search for ° and you'll find all your user Bibles in that folder (if they are not made with an older version of Accordance than 11.1.).

Earlier the User Bibles was stored on another place. Sorry I can't remember, but it must be the one which you mentioned above. So you can delete it from there.

Yes the Help-Files has to be updated.

Sorry I don't know where they are on Win, but since they have a ° you should find them by searching for the ° or by the suffix .acc2.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Eric: You are correct Shared User Bibles is a leftover from Accordance 9 or earlier when on Mac we let each user's files be kept in that user's folder. The idea was then that if there were other users on the same Mac, they could access the various Shared user files on the main hard drive, but each would be copied to the user's own Documents/Accordance files. Those shared folders are now obsolete, and the Help files should not reference them as active any more. User Bibles are indeed created and kept in the regular Modules/Texts folder, and all the other user files (which are editable) are kept in the place of your choice, preferably in Documents.

We will take a look at whether we need to clean up the folders , and we definitely need to update the Help files.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Can't find where Accordance 12 (12.2.4) has stored any of my created User Bibles. Using Mac OS X 10.13.4.

At what locations are those stored, so I can make backup copies of the file?

Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Texts

To to the the Library: Go to Finder press [alt] and use the pull down menu Goto.

Greetings

Fabian

There is no Accordance on ~/Library/Application Support/

post-29392-0-33155800-1522503716_thumb.jpg

Edited by onlinebible

Found out they are stored in a different location now: UserName/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Texts/

• Like 1

In the help document found here (http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/STC/content/topics/05_dd/import_user_bible.htm), it says that " The modulehttp://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/STC/content/SkinSupport/ExpandingClosed.gif is saved by default in the Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Shared User Bibles folder at the top level of the hard disk…"

The link is to the documentation for Accordance 9. You can click on this link to find the most up-to-date version of our help documentation:

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX12/Default.htm

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Mark

I don't find in the Help Files of Acc 13 where they are stored?

Greetings

Fabian

• 2 weeks later...

Each of the recent versions of Accordance includes the Help files inside the application package. The latest Help files for each version are also available online. The links are on this page.

Each of the recent versions of Accordance includes the Help files inside the application package. The latest Help files for each version are also available online. The links are on this page.

Thanks, but the file path where the User Bibles are stored are not mentioned there.