Warning! iOS 11 beta not supported

jmc1982

Obviously I wouldn’t expect it to be officially supported, but it’s worth noting for beta testers - my Greek and Hebrew texts are now garbled nonsense as it can’t find/render the font for some reason.

Sometimes you can get away with it and sometimes you really need to wait. This time falls under the latter category.

Edited by jmc1982
  • Like 1

Thanks for letting us know! I'll have to hold off on the update for a bit.

Another app lets me read original languages, but I can’t look anything up because text selection is grabbing whole paragraphs instead of words. My two bible apps of choice (and three 32 bit apps) have all taken a hit for now.

• Like 1

Thanks for reporting. It is correct that we can't support iOS in beta, but hopefully, it will be a quick fix. 

Personally, I can't wait to install iOS 11 on my iPad Pro--I think it's the most significant iOS release for the iPad since the iPad itself was released. I got the email from Apple yesterday about availability of the beta, but I am going to (try to) be disciplined and hold off installing until Accordance Mobile is working. This is especially a must since I teach the Accordance Mobile webinars!

• Like 3

Rick, my thoughts exactly. The iOS 11 update for the iPad is exactly what is needed (and probably should have been there from the beginning but I digress...). I'm really looking forward to running it on my iPad Pro, though I will try to hold off until Accordance iOS is supported as well. 

Rick, my thoughts exactly. The iOS 11 update for the iPad is exactly what is needed (and probably should have been there from the beginning but I digress...). I'm really looking forward to running it on my iPad Pro, though I will try to hold off until Accordance iOS is supported as well. 

Agreed. I strongly believe that Apple has always thought of iOS as the successor to macOS, just as we're already seeing mobile operating systems (iOS, Android) eclipse legacy operating systems (Windows, Mac) in regular use. When the Mac was first released, as groundbreaking as it was, it was not nearly as capable as what could be done at that moment on an Apple II. Over time, though, as the Mac evolved, it was clearly the superior system; and Apple retired the Apple II in 1992, slightly less than a decade after the Mac was introduced. 

The current transition is not so easy or quick because there are exponentially more computer users today than there were in the 80s and 90s. iPad sales have even slumped, but for two factors: (1) iPads tend to have a very long life and the average person doesn't replace them often. And (2) in spite of some really amazing apps in iOS, the operating system itself has not been capable of allowed to have some of the basic features computer users are accustomed to such as file management and drag and drop. iOS 11 should change that. If iOS 11 is successful and people can ditch legacy platforms for mobile for nearly any task, we might be seeing the beginning of the end for MacOS. Again, I do believe this is where Apple would like to go. 

We still need to see such things as full Adobe equivalents for iOS. Also, I predict that we will finally see an iOS version of Final Cut Pro for the iPad. The new 512 GB storage on the iPad Pros announced yesterday suggests to me it is being set up for a very mobile video workstation. However, first there needs to be an Apple-endorsed method to easily import and export large video files directly to external drives. Wifi doesn't cut it when you have a 20 GB file that you need to quickly export. I'm hopeful that we will see that soon, too. 

• Like 1

^ I couldn't have said it better myself.

Hopefully 3D Touch will come in the next release next year till Accordance support it. 

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

• 3 weeks later...

Just to confirm: the second beta for iOS 11 doesn't seem to have changed anything within Accordance - font issues still remain.

To reiterate, I totally appreciate that you're not expected to support beta versions - just keeping people posted in case they're pondering over getting the beta, especially now that the public beta is fast approaching.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Accordance 12.1 will run on the latest Beta for MacOS High Sierra?

Yes, Accordance 12.1 runs well on Mac OS High Sierra beta. I have not had any issues with it at all. 

• 3 weeks later...

For what it's worth, Accordance 10.4.5 doesn't work on High Sierra. It launches, but text isn't displayed within a workspace. Looks like it's time for me to upgrade. :-)

• Like 1

Looks like it's time for me to upgrade. :-)

Do it now while the Custom Upgrades are 25% off!

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry if I'm posting on the wrong forum, but I can't find a better place to ask the question. I'm curious about if there's an update coming down the pike. I've got the GM beta of ios11 on my iPad and Accordance does not open. I understand that Accordance doesn't support the beta, but ios11 is supposed to release today, and I'm curious if we should all wait before updating and if so how long we might be encouraged to do so. 

Thanks so much! I'm always appreciative for this incredible team that delivers this incredible software.

I believe this has been fixed a while ago - you should be safe to update.  If you are concerned, you can always wait a few hours and see how it goes for others.

I'm sorry if I'm posting on the wrong forum, but I can't find a better place to ask the question. I'm curious about if there's an update coming down the pike. I've got the GM beta of ios11 on my iPad and Accordance does not open. I understand that Accordance doesn't support the beta, but ios11 is supposed to release today, and I'm curious if we should all wait before updating and if so how long we might be encouraged to do so. 

Jay, I've been running Accordance Mobile in iOS 11 for a few weeks now with no problem. I was even able to demo Accordance Mobile yesterday in front of a group at Dallas Theological Seminary without any problems. 

If Accordance is not working correctly, try going to Settings: Accordance and flip the switch on Remove Saved Settings. Then try restarting Accordance Mobile. If that doesn't fix your problems, you may want to contact support. 

So thanks for responding. I went to do what you said and then I remembered that accordance won't get past the slash screen on my iPad Air running the latest beta of the new iOS. I really don't want to delete it because it takes a while to get everything loaded back on there. But maybe that's what I'll have to do.

So I reread your recommendation and kicked myself for not paying more attention. I followed your instructions and was able to run the app. Thanks so much!!!

• Like 1

So I reread your recommendation and kicked myself for not paying more attention. I followed your instructions and was able to run the app. Thanks so much!!!

Glad that worked! I've found that flipping that one little switch as needed fixes most problems with Accordance Mobile!

Working fine for me: Accordance for iOS 2.5.7 [iOS 9.3.5 iPad 2], [iOS 11.0 iPhone 7]

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta