Search for Literal Quotation Mark

JVo

Hello, I have been trying to search for a literal quotation mark (regex, /", or ." in Accordance parameters) in the English text HCSB and nothing seems to be working. I used both the simple search bar as well as a simple construct and receive the error "There are no verses in the current search range of the 'HCSB' text, which fit the current search entry" (screenshot attached).

I've tried this exact method with other single characters, such as a question mark, and it works fine. Thus, there must be some sort of escape sequence that I don't know about that will allow me to search for a quotation mark.

Can anyone please help me with what I'm doing wrong?

post-32837-0-34869000-1496784572_thumb.png

Edited by JVo

Well, it seems as if I've just figured it out (at least in part). The problem seems to lie in the fact that the font used to enter the quotation mark was a smart-quote that is not utilized in the HCSB text. When I used my character viewer to insert a basic, unicode, "non-smart" quotation mark, it worked, but in the Simple Construct only. This method (.") still does not yield results from the simple search bar.

Edited by JVo

I'm sorry to keep adding to this original post, but as I continue to work on this it seems that the font for the quotation mark is not the issue.

To back up a bit, I'm looking for those instances where the Tetragrammaton יהוה is used in the speech of a character. To do this, I'm attempting to search for the use of a literal quotation mark (.") followed by the WITHIN 1-10 of the lemma LORD (all caps) in an English text. When I specify the exact form (i.e., "=LORD") I receive an error that such an occurrence does not appear in the English text I'm using, i.e., HCSB (see screenshot attached). However, when I do not specify an exact lemma (i.e., "LORD" sans equal sign), it executes the search, but gives me both LORD and instances of Lord, lord, etc, which do not translate יהוה thus giving me many false hits. These false hits are fine if I were able to use [HITS ?] to search these results for the Hebrew lemma, but since this is two different languages this will not work.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

post-32837-0-16236600-1496787014_thumb.png

Is the issue that many times LORD uses a small caps style rather that true all caps? If that is the case, you cannot distinguish it in Accordance, and may want to try a different translation.