After upgrading to iOS 11 Greek fonts are not shown

Guntis

After upgrading to iOS 11, Greek fonts are missing both in the commentaries and in pop-up windows.

post-634-0-66829800-1496872843_thumb.png

Sorry, but we cannot support Accordance on beta versions of each OS. We'll do our best to ensure that everything is working when the new OS is released, but since the bugs are often in the OS rather than in our app, we cannot chase after them all until close to the final version.

• Like 1

I appreciate the humor in the word you chose to illustrate the situation. I am in the same boat. If I recall, but I have a bad memory, this happened with other major iOS betas. Maybe the situation will improve with the next beta?

EDIT: Because I wanted to try, I copied some Greek text into a plain text file and placed it in iCloud. The text displays fine in Files and my text editing app (1Writer). But this is very basic text rendering and no where near as complex as what Accordance uses, so....

Edited by Joe

It wasn't intentional, I was researching something about that verse, but ... yeah, it names this situation!

Guntis, is this the only issue you are having with iOS 11? (Also, what font are you using in the above screenshot?)

It's Cambria font. Part of the Miscrosoft Office suite. Greek font is provided by the app itself, I don't know which it is. As you can expect, if Greek font is not displayed properly, Hebrew font also isn't. The rest is working fine. I have problem with the Search —although in preferences I've set Words as the default search option, when I open Search, always Verses option is selected, and I have to switch manually, but that was already so before upgrading to iOS 11. 

Edited by Guntis

Keep us posted on future betas of iOS. Wanting to install with public beta. But must be able to read original language before updating

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Are the issues fixed in the new beta? 

Nope - I did post this on the other iOS 11 thread (public beta is the same as dev beta 2)

EDIT: Just saw how snarky that sounded. Sorry!

Edited by jmc1982

Sorry, no. Still the same problem. 

If it's any consolation, thank you for warning the rest of us who use original language fonts.

Edit: Of course, I mean warning about beta 11, and that my original language fonts might not work in Acc and other apps; I don't blame Accordance!

Edited by Michel Gilbert

Nope - I did post this on the other iOS 11 thread (public beta is the same as dev beta 2)

EDIT: Just saw how snarky that sounded. Sorry!

No worries. (I can't see another iOS 11 thread in this forum, so I posted in this one).

• Like 1

No worries. (I can't see another iOS 11 thread in this forum, so I posted in this one).

I put mine in the iOS "Support and bug reports" section, which might have been a bit out of the way in retrospect. No worries.