New Search Tab

Yohanan

Hi,

Since the last update of Accordance, I am unable to open a new search tab, I have to go to the menu and open a New Workspace. I am on MacBook Retina 2016 Sierra 10.12.5.

Thanks in advance for any clue.

Yohanan

Are you trying to use the keyboard shortcut "Cmd-N" to create a new search tab?

I have noticed a similar problem on my mid 2010 15" MBP. I am also using Sierra 10.12.5. When I try to use the File drop down menu or when I use "CMD-N" it will fail to create a new search tab. What I did to work around it was to uncheck "Hide tab area if only a single tab" in the workspace settings. Then when I click the "+" next to the tab it will work for me. I am using Accordance 12.0.6.

Are you trying to use the keyboard shortcut "Cmd-N" to create a new search tab?

Hi, Thank you for the reaction. Both are not producing any result, either the keyboard or the menu command for a new search tab. And this is particular to the last version (12.0.6), for this is new to me. (Not yet downloaded the ultimate one)

Edited by Yohanan

I have noticed a similar problem on my mid 2010 15" MBP. I am also using Sierra 10.12.5. When I try to use the File drop down menu or when I use "CMD-N" it will fail to create a new search tab. What I did to work around it was to uncheck "Hide tab area if only a single tab" in the workspace settings. Then when I click the "+" next to the tab it will work for me. I am using Accordance 12.0.6.

Thanks but it is not checked or clicked in my Preferences for Workspace.

Edited by Yohanan

problem just solved by downloading  the version 12.1.0 !

Thanks again.

• Like 1

The problem seemed solved, but again this morning the New Tab function is unavailable. It would be good to find out wherefrom this is coming.

Yohanan

I observe that clicking command-N the DCH analysis appears in the Instant detail window. 

Instead there is the little sign plus : + at the left of the opened tab where I can add a search tab. Has this become the only way ? It is not bad, but limited.

Let's hope some solution will be offered by the team of Accordance. This is needed. 

I am on an older Mac OS, and command-N still opens a new default tab for me. However, the New Tab button on the Tool bar, the new Tab item in the File menu, and the + in the zone beside a tab all open a menu offering Recent Modules and all the Library contents. I cannot find a connection to command-N in any menu, but I know that Apple requires any key command to be in a menu as well. Perhaps this is causing the problem in the newer OS.

In Preferences: Keybpard Shortcuts you can check and reset these shortcuts. There I see that under file Menu my New Search Tab is assigned to command-N, even though that command no longer appears on the File menu. Perhaps it should.

I checked and no shortcut is selected in my keyboard settings (I try to have none except for the screen shot). Moreover, the NewTab menu in the main File menu, does not work anymore than the shortcut Command-N. The only one working is the sign + besides the opened tab. This is a problem, for I have very often to use the news tabs in my collation work for critical edition of the Tanakh. Hope something will be done. 

I also tried to add a Command-N shortcut for the Accordance app in my keyboard shortcuts, but this does not work either.

Yohanan

and from within the preferences of Accordance, I also tried a reset of all shortcuts, in vain. Though presently Command-N is presented as assigned to New Search Tab.

the only fact that the Dictionary appears in the Instant Detail window when clicking on Command-N seems to indicate that there is some bug somewhere. This has come with the last version of Accordance.

I also tried to define a new shortcut for this function in Accordance, doesn't work.

Edited by Yohanan

This sounds like the bugs which we had on the German UI after upgrading to Sierra last fall. Then also some shortcut-keys didn't worked.

Greetings

Fabian

This is a bug that will be fixed with 12.1.1

Thank you for the message,

Would you be so kind as to explain 1) what FWIW is and 2) why this could change our view of the problem some have ?

Thanks in advance,

FWIW - For What It's Worth

Thanks, I fear your moto is significant of what the use of abbreviations in modern American language (spreading around the world) is aiming at: to kill the language, if not the speech acts. 

Anyway, I doubt there exists anything accessible to us like a "dead language". As soon as you can read a language and know it, it is a living language and it is read by a community.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if just reading alone is enough for full revivification. I suspect speaking and writing, that is new composition, and with them the opportunity for development, novel use, of the language are likely also required. I don't know - interesting question though.

Of course there is the issue also that Greek and Hebrew still exist as living langs, just not in the form we tend to study here.

Thx
D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל