User Bible - Range check error

elnwood

I'm trying to import a User Bible in the Khmer language. When the import finishes, Accordance immediately crashes. After the initial crash, Accordance will also crash whenever I try to open that same User Bible. The crash log says "Range check error".

I've tried importing portions of the User Bible to try to debug the error. I've found that if I import all of 3 John, it will crash Accordance, but if I import just the first half, or just the second half, it will work fine. I don't know why, but this makes me suspect that it isn't an issue with my User Bible text file.

I've attached the 3 John text files and the crash log when loading all of 3 John.

Any assistance in getting this User Bible imported would be appreciated. Thank you!

3John 1-8.txt

3John 9-15.txt

3John.txt

Accordance_2017_06_12 20_40_40.txt

Try to change from 3John 1 to 3John 1:1 etc.

Greetings

Fabian

But by me your text works without hassle.

But I see also another bug. By pressing cmd and hover over the text. See Instant Details post-32723-0-16258100-1497278548_thumb.png

Edited by Fabian

I changed 3John 1 to 3John 1:1, etc. Still crashes.

I see from your screenshot that you got 3John 1-8 to load. Have you tried to load 3John 1-15 from the 3John.txt file? That's the file that crashes Accordance for me.

Or try to NOT use the standard KJV. Try one Bible which has also the verses 1-15, because the KJV has only 14 verses and it is not allowed to add verses. See Extra verses are not accepted. from http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/Win12/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/preparing_the_text-ub.htm#kanchor454

Try one of the free German Bibles verse mapping.

So in your case the "Range Check Error" make sense. Because you have on verse more.

Sorry I saw it too late that you are on Windows. Or you have added this information later:-)

Greetings

Fabian

Here my version with the German mapping, the one above has the KJV. Better you don't use this one.

3John°.acc2.zip

Edited by Fabian

That's it! Using a different verse mapping solved the problem. Thank you so much!