LXX-Specific Triple-Click Default

Abram K-J

I know this has been discussed before, but I would love it if there were a setting in Preferences/Amplify to select a default triple-click (lexicon) not just for "Greek," but to have that preference sub-divided into "Greek NT" and "Greek LXX," so that I can set LEH up as default triple-click for LXX and BDAG for GNT.

BDAG is actually okay (if not ideal) for LXX reading, so I use it as my Greek default to cover both LXX and NT, but LEH isn't quite as sufficient for NT. So not having to choose one would be great!

I realize this opens up the possible question of, "Where does it stop?" One might want, for example, a default lexicon for Apostolic Fathers, etc. But I think this basic sub-division into just LXX and NT would make good sense.

Thanks to the powers that be for considering! 

• Like 4

1+

I can see the use of this. Corpus specific configuration of support tools makes sense to me

+1

Thx

D

I've wished for this since the day I purchased Acc.

I'd like this, too. Perhaps a lexicon like BDAG could be set in overall Preferences; but then with individual texts, such as the LXX, different lexicons could be assigned in the "Set Text Display" settings with the option to save as default for that text. 

Default by language plus override by corpus makes the most sense to me. If one wanted to take it further override by text.

If this were done it would be necessary to be able to find out for any text what corpus it was considered to be part of and probably helpful to have the reverse.

Thx

D

• Like 1

And I wish it was implemented especially in iOS, so I could have

HB / HAL
DSS / DCH
LXX / LEH
NT / BDAG

without always having to change lexicons.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...