Ability to Search Preferences :)

Abram K-J

I know it's been requested before, but I couldn't find the corresponding threads in the forums, so here's a new one.

The amount of Preferences one can customize in Accordance is nothing short of awesome--far more than just about any other app I use. I really appreciate this.

It would be fantastic (not just for me--thinking of all users) to have an option (if it's possible!) to search for what it is within Preferences you want--i.e., type in "Limit text width" and it takes you there, much as the "System Preferences" in Mac has a search option so you don't have to remember which sub-section of Preferences you need.

I'm guessing this is difficult to program or we might be using it already, but figured I'd start another thread and see what kind of support there might be for this... thanks for considering!

• Like 12

I too would like this feature.

Yes, this is HELP-ful, FULL-help

Hi,

I would rather Acc be programmed to remember my Preferences, and apply them as I install on different machines/platforms, or when I update to a new version number.

Regards,

Michel

• Like 2

. . . and the Preferences could be listed in the Help files, with hyperlinks to their menus in Acc - just search, click, and apply

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

In the meantime, and even if searching is implemented, it would be nice if the Preferences pane could be enlarged to full screen. Then it would be easier to find what one is looking for, especially on HD screens.

Regards,

Michel

The ability to export preferences and then import them on a different machine would be great. Automatic backups of all user-defined settings would be great, too. When Accordance gets the hiccups one of the things support sometimes asks you to do is open in Safe Mode (holding the Option key on Mac when launching) and then delete General Preferences (see Screenshot). I really hesitate to do that.

In the last case, what I did was to make a screenshot of all the various Preferences panes and same them as a backup. Then when Accordance was working right, I had to go back and manually reset all the preferences to what I had had before.

post-3736-0-48553500-1500441663_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

+1

• 8 months later...

With all of the new BW users, I change mind my mind. I agree with Abram.

Edited by Michel Gilbert
  • Like 2

Bump!

I never know where anything is inside preferences. This seems like a good idea.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Bump

• 4 months later...