Fabian

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:31 AM

Oh, yes you are correct. That behavior is relatively new. I have reported this just right now. I'm sure this will be fixed soon.

Greetings

Fabian

• Michel Gilbert likes this

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

Mac Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with Retina, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

Sierra 10.12.5

Accordance 12.0.6 and waiting on 13 (on iPad Pro with 3D touch)

iPhone 4S

iOS 9.3.5

Accordance Mobile 2.5.5

#22 Michel Gilbert

Michel Gilbert

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Interests:heritage homes, antiques, gardens, fresh food, good coffee, live music, ויין אשר ישמח לבב אנוש (Ps 104,15)
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:16 PM

Hi Fabian,

I'm taking a bit of a break this week, so I have more time for the Forums (much to the chagrin of some, I'm sure), and trying out/investigating new things that Members recommend.

Just playing with my 1574 page BHS Hebrew file in Papyrus, I can see it is just as fast as, if not faster (hard to tell) than Mellel with large files. It handles scrolling, and edits across those 1000+ pages effortlessly. I can type Hebrew correctly. If they fix the paste issue, I think I will become a user.

I have to say though, I'll wait for the English version to come out. I'm not fluent in German, and as I get older, easier is often better.

Regards,

Michel

For Christ's love compels us (2 Cor 5:14)

Accordance 12.1.1 & 2.5:

Mac mini, Sierra, 10.12.5

iPad mini 2, 10.3.3
ASUS VivoBook, Ubuntu 17, experimental, and rd

#23 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:28 AM

Some of the OakTree staff will be in Berlin (Germany) this year. https://www.sbl-site...nalmeeting.aspx see also the Accordance Seminars. 

R.O.M. Logicware GmbH are located in Berling (Germany) https://www.papyrus.....de/impressum/ 

This would be a great opportunity to meet one another. 

Joel had activated the "Get Verses" feature for Papyrus. It would be great if the ailments with the Hebrew Font could be deleted. Then this would be a great package.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian, 18 July 2017 - 06:31 AM.

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with Retina, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

Sierra 10.12.5

iPhone 4S

iOS 9.3.5

Accordance Mobile 2.5.5

#24 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:35 AM

Hi again,

I remember the problem now, when I pasted more than one verse, and sometimes with one verse, the text flow changed from rtl to ltr, and back again. Do you experience that problem? I just downloaded the Demo, and pasted Gen 1:1,2, and got this:

attachicon.gifPA.png

Have I missed a setting that fixes this?

Thanks.

Regards,

Michel

Hello Michel

Can you please explain a little bit what you had seen? 

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Sierra 10.12.5

iPhone 4S

iOS 9.3.5

Accordance Mobile 2.5.5

#25 Michel Gilbert

Michel Gilbert

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Interests:heritage homes, antiques, gardens, fresh food, good coffee, live music, ויין אשר ישמח לבב אנוש (Ps 104,15)
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:16 AM

Hi Fabian,

The Hebrew lines don't wrap correctly. I tried pasting from Accordance, BibleWorks, Logos, and websites, and I tried typing my own Hebrew. It happens whether you paste and match style, or paste as unformatted or RTF text.

Two things happen. First, a Hebrew verse fills up a line, and whatever is left over justifies to the left on the next line. Then, the next verse justifies to the right, and fills the line from right to left until it meets the remaining left justified Hebrew from the previous verse. This also happens when I type Hebrew, and add a period. It starts to position and wrap incorrectly.

Second, it seems impossible to edit a pasted bit of Hebrew. For instance, if I copy from BW or Logos in verse mode, I can't delete the end of lines and have it wrap correctly. Also, if I type my own Hebrew and go back to edit, when I add or delete something it often affects the justification and wrapping. Totally frustrating actually. I didn't try very long.

Here is a sample from Accordance, pasted as unformatted text:

Attached File  Papyrus Autor.png   146.42KB   0 downloads

Maybe I'm missing something. I there a right text direction setting? I couldn't find it in the help. But every program I use handles Unicode Hebrew correctly without this kind of setting.

It's a great program otherwise. I'm always looking for a Unicode multi-platform word processor that can handle a thousand plus page documents. Word can do it, but it is slower than Mellel. Papyrus Autor is as fast as Mellel, and even works in Linux in Wine. If it handled Hebrew correctly, I might change to it for everything.

Regards,

Michel

• Fabian likes this

For Christ's love compels us (2 Cor 5:14)

Accordance 12.1.1 & 2.5:

Mac mini, Sierra, 10.12.5

iPad mini 2, 10.3.3
ASUS VivoBook, Ubuntu 17, experimental, and rd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users