Lectionary style devotionals/reading out by a week.

Michael Hunt

Daily Feast, Feasting on Word (Readings) and the Ancient Christian Devotional all calculate that we are in Proper 9 when we are actually in Proper 8.

This occurs on both Mac and iOS.

Thanks, Michael.  Looks like we didn't account for the years where New Years fell on a Sunday, which shifts the proper numbers slightly.  This should be fixed next updates for all platforms!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Now a week behind (at least on iOS - haven’t tested on Mac)

Michael, I'm not seeing this.  According to https://www.lectionarypage.net/CalndrsIndexes/Calendar2018.html#november, today is during the week before the first Sunday of Advent.  In Daily Feast, it provides readings leading up to that week, so the readings are correctly in preparation for the first Sunday of Advent.

What readings are you getting, from which devotional, and what are you expecting to get instead?

• Like 1

Hi Joel,

I broke some of my answer out into a much larger and separate thread involving all kinds of requests about lectionaries, devotionals & reading plans etc. here –– https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/25104-lectionary-devotional-and-reading-plan-feature-requests/

But in short answer to my earlier post here, I forgot to add that it was only for the Ancient Christian Devotional (ACD). I think the behaviour I was expecting for ACD is consistent with other lectionary resources.

Currently, the ACD reading for Christ the King comes up in both iOS and Mac when I select it from the devotional category. Hope that helps explain my earlier statement.

Michael