Difficulties with ESV Study Bible Reading Plan

Jordan Gowing

Over the past few weeks I have noticed a few "hiccups" when reading with the ESV SB Reading Plan on my iPad and iPhone; I'm not sure if they are local issues or more common, so I thought I would post them here.

1. When reading the "daily readings" and attempting to highlight on the iPad, I have noticed that I am unable to highlight individual verses by selecting the verse number and highlighting but I am able to highlight multiple verses if I select text from more than one. (I do not use "Active Highlighting" during Bible reading because I like the ability to have my underlines "transfer" from version to version.)

2. When reading the "daily readings" and attempting to highlight on the iPhone, I have the same issue as above with an additional issue. When I attempt to highlight, the "readings" reset to the top reading, which is rather inconvenient when you are halfway through the 3rd or 4th reading and half to scroll down.

(Side note: it is rather inconvenient that there isn't any clear header differentiating the different texts. The transitions are abrupt and it takes a few seconds to re-orient yourself when you transition from the Pentateuch to a Prophet without noticing or a Prophet to the Gospels without noticing. This seems like a simple fix; I would hope that it happens sooner than later.)