Invitation to the Septuagint (2nd ed.) by Jobes and Silva

Abram K-J

Especially now that it's in its second, updated edition, it would be great to have Invitation to the Septuagint in Accordance. (Publisher page here.)

• Like 3

Great book!

• Like 2

+1

I really appreciate this forum to find out what is useful now that most christian bookshops have closed where i used to browse and stumble across gems.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 4

+1

• Like 1

. . . now that most christian bookshops have closed where i used to browse and stumble across gems.

Hey Fraser,

Pretty soon, Christian bookstores will be designated as historical sites and living museums.

Regards,

Michel

Edit: . . . maybe we could get jobs as tour guides - this is what they used to call a book, this is how to use it; go ahead, hold it, it’s not dangerous; they used whole words back then, not abbrevs, and the actual English language . . . ooh, awww . . .

Edited by Michel Gilbert
  • Like 1

Yep, general book stores are also becoming raraties as well and they have micro christian book sections.

;o(

Hopefully the awkwad publishers like oxford will start seeing the value of working with accordance.

Agreed. And since many are so obsessed with the accuracy of the transcription of an 11th century Hebrew manuscript, the first book I would ask for would be Fixing God's Torah: The Accuracy of the Hebrew Bible Text in Jewish Law, http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/view/10.1093/019514113X.001.0001/acprof-9780195141139 .

But, I’m hijacking this thread. Hopefully others will give their +1 to Invitation to the Sept

• Like 1

+1 and thanks for bringing it to our attention.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Any word on whether this is coming in, say, the next 6 months? Or shall I buy elsewhere?

Any word on whether this is coming in, say, the next 6 months? Or shall I buy elsewhere?

If you need it right away, we're not your source; but I can tell you that there was some "behind the scenes" discussion of it recently.

We don't have a contract, and Helen is right that it's not officially in the pipeline, but you could say that it's definitely on our radar. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

If you need it right away, we're not your source; but I can tell you that there was some "behind the scenes" discussion of it recently.

We don't have a contract, and Helen is right that it's not officially in the pipeline, but you could say that it's definitely on our radar. 

Any update on this one? I have not purchased the second addition and would consider purchasing here...

• 3 years later...

I am definitely interested in this book.

—Joseph

• Like 1

• 5 months later...