#155) Info Pane Improvements

Timothy Jenney

Wow!

The Info Pane sure has improved since we first released it in Accordance 11. This podcast covers all the additional features and the new categories added since that initial release. In addition, it includes charts of the wide array of cursor hovers, clicks, and keyboard shortcuts that help make it so very, very fast.

https://vimeo.com/223231310

post-29215-0-97091300-1498663821_thumb.jpeg post-29215-0-10799600-1498663952_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Timothy Jenney
  • Like 4

Once again, many thanks for your hard work.

;o)

• Like 1

Thank you, Dr. J.  Very helpful.  There are features you covered that I haven't been aware of and others I haven't been using.  I've downloaded the podcast to watch again later, even when I may not have access to the internet!

I wish I could download info directly to my brain.  It's getting harder and harder to retain what I learn.  However, if I go over the same info enough times I can actually remember.  Hence, the download!

• Like 1

Thanks for the webcast/podcast. I did learn a few things I did not know.

Not to be picky, but I do not think it is Bible Software's first context sensitive, automatically updated list of Bible Study Resources. It is a good addition so why overstate your case.

If you want details on who was before Accordance with similar features, I can provide them.

OK, John, you have me interested. PM me from the Forums?

Another good job, Dr. J. I do have a question though. When you click on a commentary in the info pane it opens in a pane between the text and the info pane. When I do the same, it opens the commentary in a pane below the text and info pane. How can I get mine to react like yours? Yours is much more pleasing to me. Thanks for the help.

Great question, Randy! I prefer my commentaries in vertical panes, so I set that in my General Accordance Preferences.

post-29215-0-22347100-1498755005_thumb.png

Edited by Timothy Jenney
  • Like 2

Thanks Dr. J. I was sure it had to be something simple, but I was too simple to figure it out  :blink: .

• Like 1

Dr. J (and the Accordance team),

The savings in screen real estate I get from the Info Pane is a huge help since I'm using Accordance on a 13" MacBook Air when I'm away from home. It also saves a ton of time in switching between the various resources. Any chance of adding a "Journals" category to the Info Pane in the future for those of us that have that module?

I had the same issue as Randy Cue and had figured out the Preference selection you mentioned. Functionally, when the "Open parallel tools and notes in vertical orientation" is not checked, it reverses the click and command-click behavior you describe in the podcast.

Thanks for this great feature and the recent improvements!

• Like 3

Ken, I love your suggestion of a 'Journals' category.  I think the issue would be that most of the info-pane categories are linked to a verse-by-verse reference (with the exception of topics), so unless it was a bible reference in the article header I'm not to sure how it would work.  Nevertheless, I think its a great idea.

• Like 1

Paul, I often use the Info Pane Topics list as a way to research possible links to the verse I am working with. I don't know if Journals is a research category (I have no journals), but researching a topic in journals sounds interesting. I have been absolutely delighted with Info Pane Topics lists and the research tool!

Shalom,

Joseph

• Like 1

Sacred bridge and zondervan bible atlas all have scripture references as well as some other image rich tools like cultural images of the holy land and i live in hope that one day these resources will make it to the info pane under a general tool or some other heading.

But as others have said, the info pane is a great resource and its great to have a dedicated podcast on it.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

At this point there is no journals category in the Info Pane. However, we can right-click a topic, choose "Research" and select the category "Journals."

The same series of actions will work if we click in a verse reference; it will then search Journals for every reference to the verse!

• Like 3