Info Pane Features Categories Improvements

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:30 AM

Wow!

The Info Pane sure has improved since we first released it in Accordance 11. This podcast covers all the additional features and the new categories added since that initial release. In addition, it includes charts of the wide array of cursor hovers, clicks, and keyboard shortcuts that help make it so very, very fast.

https://vimeo.com/223231310

Attached File  155 Info Pane Improvements.001.jpeg   123.42KB   0 downloads Attached File  155 Info Pane Improvements 2.001.jpeg   86.82KB   0 downloads

Edited by Timothy Jenney, 28 June 2017 - 10:32 AM.

• Daniel Francis, Tony Lawrence and jeremyduncan like this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD,  AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.12

MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD  + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.12

iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 10.2

#2 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:43 PM

Once again, many thanks for your hard work.

;o)
  • Timothy Jenney likes this
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 9x on iPad pro and iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#3 Julia Falling

Julia Falling

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!
  • Accordance Version:12.x

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:33 PM

Thank you, Dr. J.  Very helpful.  There are features you covered that I haven't been aware of and others I haven't been using.  I've downloaded the podcast to watch again later, even when I may not have access to the internet!

I wish I could download info directly to my brain.  It's getting harder and harder to retain what I learn.  However, if I go over the same info enough times I can actually remember.  Hence, the download!

Julia Falling

MacBook Air Sierra Acc 12
mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)
8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Sierra Acc 12
late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)
16 GB RAM; 1.12 TB Fusion Drive

iPad Pro iOS 10
128 GB
iAccord 2.5

iPhone 6s iOS 10
64 GB
iAccord 2.5

#4 John Fidel

John Fidel

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:55 PM

Thanks for the webcast/podcast. I did learn a few things I did not know.

Not to be picky, but I do not think it is Bible Software's first context sensitive, automatically updated list of Bible Study Resources. It is a good addition so why overstate your case.

If you want details on who was before Accordance with similar features, I can provide them.

#5 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:56 PM

OK, John, you have me interested. PM me from the Forums?

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD,  AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.12

MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD  + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.12

#6 John Fidel

John Fidel

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:11 PM

Done.

#7 Randy Cue

Randy Cue

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Interests:Teaching adult Sunday School, baseball
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

Another good job, Dr. J. I do have a question though. When you click on a commentary in the info pane it opens in a pane between the text and the info pane. When I do the same, it opens the commentary in a pane below the text and info pane. How can I get mine to react like yours? Yours is much more pleasing to me. Thanks for the help.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

21.5 inch iMac (late 2015)

OSX Sierra 10.12.5

#8 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:50 AM

Great question, Randy! I prefer my commentaries in vertical panes, so I set that in my General Accordance Preferences.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 12.47.02 PM.png   75.2KB   0 downloads

Edited by Timothy Jenney, 29 June 2017 - 11:50 AM.

• Daniel Francis and Randy Cue like this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

#9 Randy Cue

Randy Cue

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Interests:Teaching adult Sunday School, baseball
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:02 PM

Thanks Dr. J. I was sure it had to be something simple, but I was too simple to figure it out  :blink: .

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

21.5 inch iMac (late 2015)

OSX Sierra 10.12.5

#10 Ken Stockdell

Ken Stockdell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Learning, reading, travel, black & white photography

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:41 AM

Dr. J (and the Accordance team),

The savings in screen real estate I get from the Info Pane is a huge help since I'm using Accordance on a 13" MacBook Air when I'm away from home. It also saves a ton of time in switching between the various resources. Any chance of adding a "Journals" category to the Info Pane in the future for those of us that have that module?

I had the same issue as Randy Cue and had figured out the Preference selection you mentioned. Functionally, when the "Open parallel tools and notes in vertical orientation" is not checked, it reverses the click and command-click behavior you describe in the podcast.

Thanks for this great feature and the recent improvements!

• EricC, Paul Meiklejohn and Timothy Jenney like this

Ken Stockdell

Thinking Christianly
Let My People Read!

MacBook Air: 13-inch, Mid 20122 GHz Intel Core i78 GB 1600 MHz DDR3Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB, macOS Sierra 10.12.5

iPhone 6: 64 GB, iOS 10.3.2

iPad Air 2: 128 GB, iOS 10.3.2

#11 Paul Meiklejohn

Paul Meiklejohn

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Photography, running and coffee (lots of coffee...)

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

Ken, I love your suggestion of a 'Journals' category.  I think the issue would be that most of the info-pane categories are linked to a verse-by-verse reference (with the exception of topics), so unless it was a bible reference in the article header I'm not to sure how it would work.  Nevertheless, I think its a great idea.

• EricC likes this

Paul M.

Pastor.

All things Apple, iMac, Air, iPad, iPhone.

Long term Accordance user. (10 years).  v.11.

#12 Solly

Solly

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Far too many for my own good! ;-)
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:16 AM

Paul, I often use the Info Pane Topics list as a way to research possible links to the verse I am working with. I don't know if Journals is a research category (I have no journals), but researching a topic in journals sounds interesting. I have been absolutely delighted with Info Pane Topics lists and the research tool!

Shalom,

Joseph

• Paul Meiklejohn likes this

Joseph F Sollenberger Jr

#13 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:26 PM

Sacred bridge and zondervan bible atlas all have scripture references as well as some other image rich tools like cultural images of the holy land and i live in hope that one day these resources will make it to the info pane under a general tool or some other heading.

But as others have said, the info pane is a great resource and its great to have a dedicated podcast on it.

;o)

Attached Files

Edited by ukfraser, 03 July 2017 - 12:27 PM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 9x on iPad pro and iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#14 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:44 AM

At this point there is no journals category in the Info Pane. However, we can right-click a topic, choose "Research" and select the category "Journals."

The same series of actions will work if we click in a verse reference; it will then search Journals for every reference to the verse!

• Paul Meiklejohn, Daniel Francis and Solly like this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Info Pane, Features, Categories, Improvements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users