dgmorden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:55 PM

Good day!

I realize this is a relatively minor issue, but I've noticed a number of places where my Accordance copy of the Greek New Testament (GNT-T [NA27 version 5.0]) differs in capitalization from the printed NA27. For example, I have initial capitals in 1 Corinthians 11:3, 7, and 13. None of these are capitalized in the print copy. The capital in v. 16 is in the print copy. I'm attaching a screen shot of the passage in question.

Again, I know it's minor, but it just makes me wonder if there's a rationale for this, or if it's simply a typo.

Thanks,

Attached Files

#2 A. Smith

A. Smith

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x

Posted Yesterday, 01:55 PM

There are a few issues like this regarding capitalization and indentation for both the NA27 and NA28 texts that I've noticed over time. I hope eventually the parity between the digital and the printed text will grow closer. One feature of the NA text is that no typographical feature is accidental. Seeing the text as the editors intended and understanding the features is important for making maximum use of the text. 

Anthony Smith
First Church of Christ

Atlantic, IA

#3 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,484 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 02:05 PM

There are a few issues like this regarding capitalization and indentation for both the NA27 and NA28 texts that I've noticed over time. I hope eventually the parity between the digital and the printed text will grow closer. One feature of the NA text is that no typographical feature is accidental. Seeing the text as the editors intended and understanding the features is important for making maximum use of the text. 

The indentation that you pointed out a while back in NA28-T will be corrected in the next update for SBL.

This capitalization issue is new to me, and will look into it. Can you confirm that it affects NA28 as well?

Thanks for the feedback.

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development

#4 dgmorden

dgmorden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:23 PM

Sorry, I cannot confirm whether or not this affects the NA28, as I haven't upgraded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users