Photo

And I thought Tuesday had become my favorite weekday!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:15 AM

I think it would be good if there are links to Grudem as it is mentioned in the text.

Zondervan's St. Patrick's Day Sale through Saturday, March 17, 2018 (11:59 PM EDT). Cannot be combine with any other discounts.

Most historical theology texts follow Christian beliefs chronologically, discussing notable doctrinal developments for all areas of theology according to their historical appearance. And while this may be good history, it can make for confusing theology, with the classic theological loci scattered throughout various time periods, movements, and controversies.

In Historical Theology, Gregg Allison offers students the opportunity to study the historical development of theology according to a topical-chronological arrangement, setting out the history of Christian doctrine one theological element at a time. Such an approach allows readers to concentrate on one tenet of Christianity and its formulation in the early church, through the Middle Ages, Reformation, and post-Reformation era, and into the modern period. The text includes a generous mix of primary source material as well, citing the words of Cyprian, Augustine, Aquinas, Luther, Calvin, Barth, and others. Allison references the most accessible editions of these notable theologians’ work so that readers can continue their study of historical theology through Christian history’s most important contributors.

Historical Theology is a superb resource for those familiar with Wayne Grudem’s Systematic Theology as this book presents the history of various doctrines in identical order to their appearance in Grudem’s Systematic Theology. Rather than following the history of Christianity and learning about various doctrines as they arise, readers can trace the development of vital Christian theology topic by topic.

Historical Theology
An Introduction to Christian Doctrine
• Author: Gregg Allison
• Publisher: Zondervan (April 2011)

P.S. I would love if the items in the store has links to the resources in Accordance. Often the description is expanded so I want to look in this resources but then I have to type it in Accordance instead of just click on a link "Open in Accordance" or the Image is linked to the Accordance resources. See this as a feature request in the Store.

Greetings

Fabian

• ukfraser likes this
Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#22 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:05 PM

P.S. I would love if the items in the store has links to the resources in Accordance. Often the description is expanded so I want to look in this resources but then I have to type it in Accordance instead of just click on a link "Open in Accordance" or the Image is linked to the Accordance resources. See this as a feature request in the Store.

As it is in the App Store.

Greetings

Fabian 

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#23 miguel1981

miguel1981

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:26 PM

Just purchased myself this morning and am pleased with info and readability.

Edited by miguel1981, 10 March 2018 - 06:29 PM.

#24 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

Just purchased myself this morning and am pleased with info and readability.

Historical Theology: An Introduction to Christian Doctrine

Yes, thanks, solly very kindly sent me a link to a reasonable sample of text and I decided to get it. Not as detailed as my reference works but so much more than a superficial overview and also brings quite a lot of threads together so it has proved to be definitely worth getting.

I am so impressed with the links that Accordance has added to many of the church fathers so you get a potted biography and dates to help me orientate myself when reading. (I work on the RAM principle and don’t remember much after a good nights reboot but usually remember where it is I saw the information I need so it’s great to have these links.)
  • Alistair likes this
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users