Copying Hebrew or Greek into User Notes

Dru Brooke-Taylor

I'm not sure whether this is a Technical Support question or a Bug Swatter.

At the moment, I don't seem to be able to copy and paste Hebrew from the Hebrew Bible or Greek from Greek texts into my User Notes either in Accordance 12.1 Mac or the iOS version. They appear as  odd jumbles of English characters.  I can't cure it either by then changing the font just for those characters.

I used to be able to do this, though sometimes it used randomly to throw the word order in iOS.

I've searched Accordance Help but can't find anything on how to cure this. I've tried various other permutations of fonts, but so far that doesn't make any difference.

I've also noticed that neither Yehudit nor Helena seem to be visible in the drop down menu of fonts for my User Notes, though they are where they should be in Font Book. I don't know if that's got any bearing on this.

Please can anyone advise me?

User Notes are now Unicode so they will not use Helena or Yehudit. However, I think there is a bug in the copy and paste which will be fixed in the next rev.

Very many thanks for getting back so quickly. In a curious way, it's reassuring to know that it's not just me. I'm looking forward to the repair.

Is there any sort of work-around to be going on with?

Can you provide an example that doesn't work in the iOS app? I just tried with the latest release and did not have any issue copying Greek text out of the GNT-T module and pasting into the default Mobile Notes user note file.