Searching NA28 Apparatus

Savonarola

So what I would like to do is search the apparatus for all the places within a given range in which two particular witnesses agree with one another. I also need to be able to identify whether or not a given witness is cited in support of the base text or a variant. If possible, I would like to exclude all variant units for which a base text (i.e. positive) apparatus is not provided though I should be able to work around this.

As an example search, I need a way to identify all the times that B (03) and F (010) are cited in support of the same reading in the book of Romans. To account for "block mixture" I will likely do the searches chapter by chapter (ultimately for every combination of witnesses in every chapter of the NT). 

An exceptionally tedious and time consuming manual comparison of Romans Chapter 8 revealed 20 citations of the first hand of B, 14 of which were chosen as the base text. Nine of these 20 were in agreement with the first hand of 01, while 10 of them agreed with 010 & 012 (which also agreed with each other in these 10 places). With the way the Accordance module is set up, it would seem that there should be a way to do this... Any help would be much appreciated!

I think you would find the CNTTS Apparatus (Revised) much more powerful for this kind of work. Each variant is fully documented for almost all MSS, and classified as to whether it is the base reading or not. Such searches would be very difficult in the NA28 Apparatus.

I think you would find the CNTTS Apparatus (Revised) much more powerful for this kind of work. Each variant is fully documented for almost all MSS, and classified as to whether it is the base reading or not. Such searches would be very difficult in the NA28 Apparatus.

Helen, Does the CNTTS Apparatus offer any tie-ins to the text of the NA28? E.g., is there any cross-referencing data that would let one see if a particular reading serves as the primary text for the NA28 (or UBS5, or SBLGNT, etc, etc)?

It actually seems like Accordance could do what I want done with the NA28 except for the fact that the module returns search results by verse rather than by variant unit. Is there anyway to change this?

On the CNTTS the base text is that of the 3rd edition UBSGNT. It does not give alternatives for the different modern critical texts.