• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:31 AM

Is it just me, or is there no way to report issues on iOS? For example, see highlighted part attached.

I'm basically no longer using the desktop app unless I have to now that I have the iPad, it's just so much more convenient. I doubt I'll remember to report things like this once I next fire up the desktop version.

Attached File  IMG_0115.PNG   339.92KB   0 downloads

Edited by Ιακοβ, 09 July 2017 - 01:32 AM.

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#2 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:59 AM

Whenever i see a correction I just note it, open email and use the email address

[email protected] and as the address is remembered, after the first time there is little typing.

Not sure if the team like it, not had any complaints that it is filling up in box, i tend to take screen shots with page number and error and crop those before sending.

Like you, I use mbp about once a week and ipad virtually all the time and this method works for me and i get the acknowledgements they they will verify and be fixed on next release.

;o)
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#3 Julie Palmer

Julie Palmer

Gold

• Accordance
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Canoeing, Geocaching
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:53 AM

Whenever i see a correction I just note it, open email and use the email address [email protected] and the address is remembered, after the first time there is little typing.

Not sure if the team like it,

This works just fine. And we really appreciate it!

I think you can also highlight the issue and then "Share" that to the [email protected] email address. This provides the module and location information that we need. I believe you can also add a note here as to what the issue is.

• Michael J. Bolesta, Julia Falling and Ιακοβ like this

#4 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:39 AM

many thanks

Good idea about share and adding notes and a lot less inbox and sent folder space.

Just need to remember that next time.

;o)
  • Ιακοβ likes this
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#5 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:42 PM

Great! Share button it is.
My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#6 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

Julie that's a great solution but any time frame on when or if a corrections button/option might make it to iOS, just was curious if its on the horizon or much further off.

-dan

#7 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,438 posts
  • Platforms:None

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

I'm not sure how much different a specific report a correction feature in the mobile app would look from the currently available sharing option. We just need to make sure all the necessary information is part of what is shared.
  • Daniel Francis likes this

#8 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:55 PM

Personally, i think we have a couple of very workable solutions and think there are so many other enhancements that are much much more important for the ios app for day to day use.

Sorry dan, but i really like Scott's response and see no need for any enhancement to reporting corrections on ios accord.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser, 13 July 2017 - 03:16 PM.

Fraser Sims

#9 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:00 PM

I would just like sharing option that auto brought up the corrections address.

-dan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ios, issues, reporting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users