Pocket Dictionaries & Pocket Dictionary Series

Julia Falling

I seem to have considerable overlap.  I have a module called Pocket Dictionary Series that contains the following titles:

Pocket Dictionary of Theological Terms
         @ 2001 by Stanley J. Grenz, David Guretzke and Cherith Fee Nordling
     Pocket Dictionary of Biblical Studies
         @ 2001 by Arthur G. Patzia and Anthony J. Petrotta
     Pocket Dictionary of Apologetics and Philosophy of Religion
         @ 2001 by C. Stephen Evans
     Pocket Dictionary for the Study of New Testament Greek
         @ 2001 by Matthew S. DeMoss

Electronic text hypertexted and prepared by OakTree Software, Inc.
          Version 1.3

I have all of these separately as Version 1.0, a couple of which have different covers (Apologetics, Theological Terms).

There is no sense in duplicates.  What do I do?  There are several in the package now on sale that I would like to have.  I would like to know what to do with what I currently own before upgrading.

Thanks!

EDIT:  How is it that I managed to acquire the duplicates without being alerted?  I have no idea!  Did I perhaps acquire some of the modules as part of a package?  Did the set of four above replace the individual modules?
Edited by Julia Falling

Those were part of an CDROM collection "The Essential IVP Reference Collection" the new ones replace them as I understand.

-dan

Edited by Daniel Francis

Those 4 dictionaries were initially sold as a single Pocket Dictionary Series module (IVP-Pocket Dictionaries) since, at the time, they were the only Pockets available. Since releasing new Pockets, we separated those dictionaries into individual modules. For those who owned the initial IVP-Pocket Dictionaries product, we added the individual modules to that product (hence, the duplication).

We did this so that you could upgrade to the new 15-volume product and get credit for those 4 dictionaries. The system wouldn't recognize the 4-volume module as 4 distinct modules.

So you can keep either the 4-volume product or the 4 individual modules. There shouldn't be any material difference between them.

If I'm correct and you delete the older ones they didn't come in the easy install. So was it by me. Luckily.

Greetings

Fabian

Thank you, Julie.  I was beginning to think I had messed up somehow – not an unprecedented occurrence!  

It is much easier to have them (and find them) as separate volumes.  I will delete the 4-volume set and upgrade!

Edited by Julia Falling
  • Like 1