No search pane on Bible

Diatheke76

There isn't a search pane to look for other Bible references when I open a Bible using the Paper feature.  I have Bible references on my Paper, I click on them and a Bible opens to the verse I want, but there is no search pane to look for other verses.  It's like the Bible is stuck on only showing the verse I clicked on.  Is there a way to make the search pane come up so I can type other references that might come to mind when teaching?

Thanks!

Diatheke76

Ps. see picture attached.  The Bible showing on the left side of the picture doesn't have a search pane to look for other verses.  Only when I open another Bible does the search pane show.  Is there a way to fix this?

When you click on a reference in any tool (including Paper), Accordance opens a non-searchable tab displaying the reference/s in question. If you would like to add a search tab, you can click on the "+" button beside the tab. 

Screen%20Shot%202017-07-12%20at%206.15.0

Thanks Mark! This will do for now

It worked like a charm, but they should make it a searchable tab from the get-go in case you want to search for another verse that came to your mind. Having to open an extra tab seems like double work. The other software I own, that's how they do it and it really makes a difference.

Diatheke76

• Like 1

If you want to search for a word or phrase you see in the pane, you can select it, right-click and choose the search type. This works the same in a search tab or in the text tab that opens from a verse reference in a tool, or as a context tab.

Thanks Helen! But I'm more interested in a search pane that will allow me to type other Bible references while I'm teaching. Mark's suggestion works fine, but it's a tad inconvenient to have to add another tab to search for other Bible references when you could just do it from the same Bible that's already opened. Maybe developers can provide that ability in the near future with an update.

Blessings!

Diatheke76