Workspace Templates

Brett K.

I have found a work around for this, but it would be cool if Accordance had it built in.

We can create workspaces and add them to the workspace menu. Then we can open them and work inside them. But sometimes I make significant changes that I don't want saved in that workspace. So I have to remember to manually save a copy and not mess up the original. Sometimes I forget and save my changes over the original. Then I have to recreate the workspace.

My work around is to "lock" the workspace files in the Finder. It won't let me save changes to the workspaces. I have to manually save them elsewhere.

But, everytime I create a new "permanent" workspace, I have to go to the file in the Finder and lock it.

It would be cool if Accordance had the option to save workspaces as "templates". When you open them, it automatically opens a copy. It doesn't open the original "template" which could get altered and saved by accident. It accomplishes the same objective without requiring us to manually lock each workspace "template" in the Finder.

Thanks

--

Brett