Generating Hebrew word lists

Ιακοβ

When I search for all words in a passage using *, I can get a list of all words in that passage. In greek there is no issue, however I have just tried it in Hebrew, and it produces a word list where some words have the vowels and some words don't. Is there a way around this? If not, does anyone know another way to build this type of word list, apart from manually of course.

Thanks!

post-33292-0-48720600-1500007662_thumb.png

Hello - This is a great request.   And it's similar to a request that i've wanted to make for a few years - manually building a selected vocabulary list.   Would be interested in your perspective.   See:

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/21572-hebrew-vocabulary-word-lists-manually-managed/

Michael

The words without vowels are verbs. Newer dictionaries and lexicons therefore list verb roots without any vocalization. Older dictionaries would use Qal perfect 3ms as the "base form" for vocalization, but the problem is some verbs do not actually have this form. For example דבר does not have a Qal perfect. 

A.D.

So what do people read when memorizing verbs? You have to hear something in your head right? Even in English at school we learn verbs by reading them in a particular form right?

I guess this just shows that this Accordance function is not designed for creating word lists? Perhaps we need a specific feature to do this.

(I also have logos, which I almost never use unless I really have to, but maybe it can do it, I'll have to check)

Edited by Ιακοβ