Second public beta of iOS11

Ιακοβ

Has anyone tried yesterdays new iOS11 beta? I am mainly interested to find out if the Greek/Hebrew font issues are still occurring.

Still present Jacob. :-(

Edited by Ken Simpson

Except for beta issues, how do you like iOS 11?

I'm a fan, but I've only got an iPhone so the differences aren't too dramatic - the improved control centre is the biggest change I notice on a regular basis. It's a much bigger deal on an iPad, of course.

I've had almost no issues with third party apps, which is a nice change for me. I can't use Accordance or Microsoft's new Seeing AI app, but other than that everything I've tried has been fine.

• Like 1

I'm also only using iOS 11 on an iPhone (my iPad mini died a while back). The control center is huge. Do not disturb while driving is awesome. I really like that in files you can add locations to Favorites for easy navigation in deep folder structures. Most apps work fine. Facebook crashes all the time but that is normal. The Accordance font issue is really the only thing I have had major trouble with (that's my passive aggressive way of asking for a fix :) ).

Has anyone tried yesterdays new iOS11 beta? I am mainly interested to find out if the Greek/Hebrew font issues are still occurring.

They are! I just checked. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. Still love my Accordance app though!!!

They are working on a fix. They released a beta in TestFlight.

I don't suppose there's any chance they're looking for more beta testers?

Today’s Accordance update is displaying correctly again. Yay!

• Like 1

I can confirm that from my usage as well...iOS 11 Public Beta 3 seems to have fixed the Greek and Hebrew font issues in Accordance. Good news for all of us!

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, much appreciated. I purchased my iPad so I can specifically use the split/side-by-side feature so I can use accordance and take notes (draw) at the same time. So I've been hanging out for this. (Currently I'm using the iPad and noting on paper, but I'm hoping to eliminate paper all together.

• Like 1

Will ios 11 give us the ability to open two instances of an app such as have accordance open twice?

• Like 1

iPad pro's will allow apps side-by-side (two on the screen at once).  This means you could put Accordance, and Logos next to each other.   I don't think you could start accordance twice.

Havent we got two different apps side by side already? Eg accordance and the essential forScore

But only one instance of either.

Edited by ukfraser

Will ios 11 give us the ability to open two instances of an app such as have accordance open twice?

That would be nice. I haven't seen that ability mentioned by Apple yet. Apple does allow two instances of Safari to be open side-by-side in iOS, but opening that feature up to 3rd party developers would be very helpful.