Scofield Study Bible Notes Question

Emanuel Cardona

Are the Scofield notes the same as in the New Scofield Study Bible III?

It should be as I understand it... I own the notes elsewhere but 1909 was first edition 1917 was second and 1967 was third edition... which is or atlas was still considered third edition at that time even though:

The 2003 Edition

At the dawning of a new century and the impending one-hundredth anniversary of the ever popular Scofield Bible, Oxford University Press, the original publisher, decided to refresh the design of the Scofield Bible, enhancing its readability and usefulness to the reader. In this undertaking the editors chose to feature the study notes that are unique to the Scofield. All notes on the dispensations, the covenants and the summary notes of each topic chain now prominently appear on the page, drawing the reader's attention to Scofield's most important contributions. Additional notes of an objective nature, expanded book outlines in each introduction, and in-text maps provide information to enhance the understanding of Scripture.
In their attempt to increase the readability of the text, the editors referenced study notes with bold faced chapter and verse, plus a word or phrase entry at the bottom of the page. When the note is concerning a specific part of a verse, a word or phrase is given; when the note pertains to the entire verse no particular word or phrase is noted. Alternate translations, literal and Hebrew meanings of words and any additional information (other than Biblical references) are now located with the study notes. Another new feature is the addition of brief, in-text definitions of proper names of people and places. This provides helpful reminders to the reader to help recall the most prominent historical people and places. An extensive index with pronunciation guides is included at the back of this volume.
May this completed work enhance the efforts of those who serve the loving and holy God and exalt His marvelous grace in Jesus Christ.
The Editors
May 2003

Now this is not from the Accordance version so I cannot be 100% sure it is the same, however it was released in Accordance and the other platform about the same time, and while i duplicated some OUP resources in both as at the time the other platform was mobile only and Accordance was computer only this is not one I use a lot.

-dan
EDIT: I am just comparing my version to samples from the NKJV III version. They are nearly identical, except the computer version seems to have a few more more small notes, possibly due to being taken from the KJV version rather than NKJV but I have not come across any note that in missing from it. but keep in mind I am only able to compare a few pages from genesis and gospel of mark.... But a 2011 publication date and the 2003 date on my edition would lead me to believe they are near identical...
Edited by Daniel Francis
  • Like 1

Thanks, Dan! I do have the 1917 version, but not the 1967. And with the renaming of the study Bible, it get's a little confusing for me. I was thinking that maybe it is still the 1967 version, but a different renaming of the study Bible.

I have my uncles copy of the 1917 edition, Indeed i used my Dad's copy till it nearly completely feel apart... but those copies were printed in the early 1930s so a little understandable to it being in less than ideal condition. But all in all even though the editing may have been enough change to be a 4th edition in some minds, it appears the consensus of the editors it was still third edition just slightly updated/adapted i have seen a 1967 version and it seems odd since the KJV version has been modified for readability and I think corrections. 

-dan

• Like 1

I agree. Thank you, Dan, for taking the time to clarify this for me!