Problem displaying Greek accents

Jim Meek

I have recently realized that my (up-to-date) copy of Accordance on my (up-to-date) Mac is displaying Greek accents oddly. And by "oddly," I mean real garbage. For example, in place of a rough breathing mark, I see ϙ; in place of a rough breathing plus acute, Ϝ (or ϝ); in place of an acute, a circumflex; there are random spaces between letters in a word, sometimes because an accent appears between after a vowel instead of over it (but; etc. I first noticed this with the LXX, but it occurs as well in NA28-T, the Greek Apostolic Fathers, and other Greek texts. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Looks like you have come across a Greek font issue that has been reported and fixed. Try this:

Exit Accordance. Restart Accordance holding down the Option key (Safe Mode) and then select "Clean up installed fonts” from the Safe Mode options. This should resolve the issue. If not, let us know and we’ll take a closer look.

Edited by Julie Palmer
  • Like 1

That did it, Julie. Thanks.

I did look around the forums a bit to see if I could find something about this, but didn't. I confess that if I had read the link you included earlier, I would not have known exactly what "clean up all installed fonts" meant nor would it have occurred to me that this is what I needed to do. But thanks.