#1 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:20 PM

Please allow us to view our resources and be able to read them without having to download them to our phones.

Both the higher tier (Logos) and the lower tier (WS) softwares allow us to do that. It saves space on our devices.

So unless I am missing something, this is an extremely helpful suggestion that needs to be implemented ASAP.

Thank you and many blessings!

#2 revtim

revtim

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:discipling, loving my wife and family, the Bible, preaching, & technology
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 03:18 PM

Diatheke,

While I understand your desire to save space on your phone, I have a different perspective.

I love having access to my modules without having to worry about wi-fi & how much data I have used.

• Scott Knapp and Daniel Francis like this
In Christ,

Tim Hall

#3 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 04:44 PM

I also Totally agree with you Tim. I have one 'app' which requires internet connection but in the uk connection is sporadic and most places i go on holiday are in black spots, holiday accomodation connection with wifi is also poor and in a hotel i recently stayed at couldnt get wifi in my room and had to sit in the resturant to check my emails. Yes it would be os agnostic but it brings its own issues with reliability to access.

I have absolutly no issues with accordance as the content i need is stored on my iPad and while my library is not as extensive as some on this forum, it is big enough yet it still doesnt take up much space and even if you are short on storage, you can always tailor it to what you must have (my phone, ipad and mbp all have different content).
  • Daniel Francis likes this
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 9x on iPad pro and iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#4 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted Yesterday, 07:09 PM

Diatheke,

While I understand your desire to save space on your phone, I have a different perspective.

I love having access to my modules without having to worry about wi-fi & how much data I have used.

I agree with you and that's why having the option to download the resources you choose should still be available.
For example, Logos and WORDsearch both have the ability to see all resources with internet (data or wifi), but they both have the abilty to download only what you need or want in your phone. The only exceptions are publisher's restrictions that don't allow certain titles to be viewed on mobile devices.
So the idea of viewing all and choosing to download is far superior than the primitive way Accordance is doing it right now. Accordance's mobile App is clunky and needs a huge revamp as it is, but if they can fix it, it has a lot of potential for good. Therefore, the need is huge and Accordance's developer's should listen as it's not that hard to implement and it would make a huge positive impact on users.

Blessings!

#5 Rich

Rich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:17 PM

Accordance's developer's should listen as it's not that hard to implement 

As a mobile application developer, I would be hesitant in suggesting to another without extensive review of the codebase that anything is "not hard to implement".  I imagine that this sort of functionality request would make a lot of specific demands on the platform that delivers content to the applications — which likely doesn't support an on-demand model of portions of data rather than the whole work — and could potentially tangle with many other systems that depend on the data already being on device in full.  In other words, I wouldn't make the presumption that it's a trivial ask (and hence why it's not currently available — or why it may be ranked below many other high priority but much much easier to implement feature requests).  

I will also note just anecdotally with all the others that while I could see this feature being interesting for some, with the storage sizes rapidly increasing in mobile devices, I didn't even blink when downloading all my works locally to my device.  Again, I certainly understand how that might not be the case for some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users