avigailar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x
  • Platforms:Windows, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 06:54 AM

Hi,

I am looking for Bible citations and Allusions in the NT. 

I have purchased the Comprehensive crossreferance tool and can see the notes on each verse in the NT. but my question is: 

Is it possible to look the use of a specific biblical book or scope from the OT in the NT through this tool?  what is the easiest way to do that?

Thank you,

Avigail

• Scott Knapp likes this

#2 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 07:12 AM

Hi Avigail (and welcome to the forum)

while they are not search tools, These are a couple of resources i have found useful to link ot use in nt which may help when looking at the nt.

https://www.accordan...rson Commentary

https://www.accordan...=Beale-Handbook

but they don't start with an ot book, eg isaiah, and list all its occurences in the nt.

Edited by ukfraser, Yesterday, 07:24 AM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 9x on iPad pro and iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 10,473 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 08:53 PM

Our OT in NT Parallel is included with every copy of Accordance, and it will do just that. You can enter any OT reference and see all the NT quotations of the passage.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted Today, 02:23 AM

Helen, do you think we will ever see the parallels in iOS?

Attached Files

• R. Mansfield likes this
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 9x on iPad pro and iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#5 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 10,473 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted Today, 10:44 AM

"Ever" is a long time. I hope we will eventually but other features are higher priority.

• Daniel Francis likes this
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#6 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted Today, 11:51 AM

Thanks helen, by ever, i wasnt sure if it was even possible with the current limitations of ios. Totally agree you have higher priorities and beale is my workaround.

;o)
Fraser Sims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users