Mainly iOS, really – favorite note-taking app using Apple Pencil?

Julia Falling

I'm still have my husband's Apple pencil.  I've been using Noteshelf for sermon notes.  Seems pretty good though I can't get much on a page.  It does allow me to make notebooks.  

I've watched a few YouTube videos and people seem to like GoodNotes and Notability (kinda pricey).  I know that Notes is getting a major upgrade with iOS 11.

What do y'all think?  

P.S.  WritePad Pro needs LOTS of tutoring to recognize my handwriting.  People don't have problems with it, but handwriting recognition programs do.  I think WritePad could learn if I spend some time teaching it.

Im quite happy with Notability. Also tried goodnotes but there i cant sort my notes as good as in Notability.

IPad Pro and an a Pencil fully replaced pen and paper for me... notes in ios11 did. betone better, but it doesnt replace Notability for me.

Thanks, JD.  Are you running iOS 11?

On an iPad Pro im using ios11 for testing reasons. And i also like the new multitasking features the iPad finally got. this should have come with the first iPad. Copy and paste gets a lot better. A good tool for a Pastor.

But there was a lot of crashes im Beta3 - beta4 so far is more stable

Edited by JayDee

this should have come with the first iPad.

I still wish the first ipad pro had come with the full mac os.

;o(

Then we could use all accordance features and modules on a mac ipad.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

I still wish the first ipad pro had come with the full mac os.

Then it wouldn't be an iPad, but a Mac. 

Of course, you can get a touchscreen Mac tablet with pen support here

• Like 1

I use each of my devices differently.  The size of each is important.  I really don't want them to 'merge.'

• 1 month later...

I'm just using iOS Notes. So far been happy with it. I'm trying to use as much of Apple's apps as possible. I haven't upgraded to iOS 11 yet since I'm waiting for the High Sierra upgrade to drop first and upgrade all of my devices at once.