User Links

David Leighton

I am wanting to get into some biblical study again.  I am also wanting to bring various notes etc. into Accordance and link them in.

I am working out the best way of doing this, looking at the difference between user notes and user tools.  Part go this is how I can link them together.

User tools - it would appear that I can create all the links I want here, i.e to scripture, other tools and other user tools which is excellent.

User notes - I have a problem in that I only seem to be able to create links to scripture and not other tools including user tools.

Any comments appreciated.

Location URLs work in User Notes, too. They should work there the same as in User Tools. 

Our upcoming podcast (anticipated release next week) is on User links. We've added a number of them lately and improved the ease of creating them. It seemed like an appropriate time to provide some training.

Stay tuned!

• Like 4

Looking forward to it already.

• Like 1

If you want to get a quick start on using them, even before the podcast, check out Digging Deeper > Using Links for Common Tasks in the Accordance Help. It's mostly up to date. Every link we have can now be simply copied. Run the search or locate the item, then right-click to copy as a link.

• Like 2

Dr J

Sorted!

Thank you for your input.  I looked at the section and tried the links in both my user notes and tools.  It worked fine in tools and not in notes.  I created a new notes file and then it worked.  With a little searching I found the section in the preference to update user files.  I ran this and everything is working as expected now.

• Like 1