#1 Nathan Parker

Nathan Parker

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:48 PM

When I was over on Windows and I prepared biblical teaching videos with Accordance, I used Camtasia as my screen recorder of choice.

Now that I've moved back to a Mac, I definitely want to go more powerful than QuickTime's screen recorder. 

I have a license to both ScreenFlow 6 and Camtasia 3 for Mac.

Currently, I've installed ScreenFlow 6 on my Mac. Back when I was last on a Mac, I absolutely loved ScreenFlow and used it heavily. It made screencasting and teaching with Accordance a joy and breeze.

Since I also have a license for Camtasia 3 for Mac, would there be any benefit for me to install Camtasia 3 for Mac as well? Is there anything Camtasia 3 for Mac does that ScreenFlow doesn't do that would warrant me bouncing between ScreenFlow and Camtasia when screencasting and teaching with Accordance on my Mac, or should I simply stick with ScreenFlow all the way? Should I even install it as a "backup" in the event ScreenFlow would ever be difficult and I needed a "backup"?

I also have Snagit installed as my screen capture tool as I do use Snagit daily. Used it on the Mac before I went with Windows, used it with Windows, and I'm back using it on a Mac. Snagit it way more powerful than Grab and a tool I can't live without.

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

President/CEO

Mallard Computer, Inc.

#2 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:29 PM

Totally agree about snagit. Brilliant tool. We use it for all our validation testing and i used it for all our requirements, training manuals and sharepoint standards.

(though for a quick screen shot in when producing documents in word and i found i had forgotten one, i actually used word's tool, though that was at work using windows).

Our technical authors who i worked with a lot swore by camtasia on their macs.

Edited by ukfraser, 29 July 2017 - 01:59 PM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 9x on iPad pro and iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users