• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:50 PM

Is the 'BHS Apparatus' the same as NA28, that is, we don't have the instructions on how to read the notes unless we purchase a special module, or is there a way to lookup what the symbols mean?  

I know that there is 'mouseover' to lookup things, but when I try this it just shows me more words and symbols I don't understand. I guess you could say that the mouseover help needs mouseover help  :D

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 1.47.22 pm.png   99.96KB   0 downloads

Edited by Ιακοβ, 30 July 2017 - 10:50 PM.

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#2 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,617 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:09 PM

The symbols are defined at accord://read/BHS_Apparatus#197 but that offers the same information as the mouseover. [If that link doesn't work here in the forums, copy and paste it into the URL field of your web browser.]

Then there's also The Simplified Guide to the BHS.

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for Running Accordance:

macOS

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS Mojave (beta)

2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.9 Ghz quad core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, macOS High Sierra

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro

+ Parallels install of Windows 10 Pro on the above MacBook Pro

iOS

2017 iPhone X - 256 GB, T-Mobile, iOS 12 (beta)

2016 iPad Pro (12.9”) - 256 GB, T-Mobile, iOS 12 (beta)

Android 

2017 Amazon Fire HD 8 - 32 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Fire OS 5.6 (=Android OS 5.x)

2017 Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - 128 GB internal, Android OS 8.0

2017 Blu Grand M - 8 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Android OS 6.0

#3 Michael Hunt

Michael Hunt

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Twitter:oddsocks
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS, Android

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:25 PM

And don't forget the BHS Latin Key (An English Key to the Latin Words and Abbreviations and the Symbols of BIBLIA HEBRAICA STUTTGARTENSIA).

As if coming to grips with Hebrew wasn't enough for the beginning Hebrew scholar he/she needs to learn German and Latin too!!!!

• Ιακοβ likes this
Formerly known as oddsocks

#4 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:59 PM

You also seem to have to learn English as well.  I just had to look up 'otiose' while reading a Hebrew commentary. 

Thanks for the pointers. It turns out I already have that module in Accordance. Thanks!

(So many things came with my accordance bundle, I still don't know what they all are :D  )

Edited by Ιακοβ, 31 July 2017 - 12:04 AM.

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BHS, BHS Apparatus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users