• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:23 PM

Tagged version of the NASB please.

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#2 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,291 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies & backgrounds; Early Church writings; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; exploring in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:43 PM

Are you asking for something more than New American Standard 1995 with Strong's Numbers?

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#3 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:54 AM

I have that one. Im more thinking about how when we mouseover in the greek or Hebrew, it seems to not be good at mapping the correct word between english and greek/hebrew. i.e. Just a random example, I just jumped into the bible, and it seems that Καὶ is found in most translations except NASB:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 5.49.44 pm.png   742.24KB   0 downloads

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#4 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:37 AM

Hello Iakob, I wrote to the publisher about exactly this topic, but they didn't want to do a better tagging.

Sorry.

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#5 Michael Hunt

Michael Hunt

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Twitter:oddsocks
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS, Android

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:30 AM

While it is not coming tomorrow, surely the updated NASB must come out as a tagged text? (And one that I would be confident Accordance would publish)
Formerly known as oddsocks

#6 Julia Falling

Julia Falling

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,573 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:03 AM

I have corresponded with Lockman and requested a complete tagging for the NAS18.  We'll see.  I, too, have been frustrated by the spotty tagging as well as by the mistakes.  I'm hoping to see a greatly improved NASB next year.  I recommend that, for those who are users of the version, that you contact Lockman and make your wishes known.  I love the version.  Our church has just switched back to it and is using it for reading and preaching in our worship services (though our pastor has memorized a lot of verses from the NKJV and when he's quoting from memory, that's what we get).  

I have tried to be supportive in my correspondence, and to express how much I truly appreciate the care that has been taken in the translation process.

• Rich, Daniel Francis and Michael Hunt like this
Julia Falling

13" MacBook Pro Mojave Acc 12
mid-2017 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)
16 GB RAM;
512 GB SSD

iPad Pro iOS 12
128 GB
iAccord 2.7

iPhone XR iOS 12
128 GB
iAccord 2.7

Used for backup only:
Mac mini Mojave Acc 12
late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)
16 GB RAM; 1.12 TB Fusion Drive

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NASB, Tagged, Tagged NASB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users