Opening up a new workspace with one click

David Foster

Sorry for asking this question, it seems so simple, but why can't I open up a new workspace by simple selecting one of the workspaces from the drop down menu (under workspaces)? 

Currently, every time I do that it says "In order to search for words, there must be a valid selection in the pane.". I then have to highlight a random word and then go back and click on the module I want to open. I even have "Require selection for amplifying" deselected. 

So I'm wondering why do I have to select a word? Is there anyway around this? Do I have do deselect something? 

Thanks kindly! 

David, on the search bar make sure that the search criteria (Dropdown) is set to verse and not words.  Then re-save (save as) your workspace again.  If it's a blank word search, it will give you a search warning. 

Paul.

post-5536-0-30111400-1502048392_thumb.png

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

David, I believe it is because you have a selection somewhere down below.  When I want to ensure an 'Open' instead of 'Amplify', I click somewhere in my Search Entry box before using the Workspaces toolbar item.

Does this help?

Also note, your workspaces are also always listed under the File -> Open Workspace menu, and this method never Amplifies.