Question on instant details

Justncase

I have it on the vertical position and it doesnt have a scrolling bar and alot of the text cant be read because   i    

cant scroll the text ,  I can hold click  the pop up and the scrolling bar is there,is this a bug.I would prefer the vertical                                     screen im on a PC.

The Instant Details is designed for quick display of information, so most of the time it has no scrollbar.  If you find you want to see more about that dictionary article, just triple click the word to view the entire article in context.

I noticed everything is triple click. Is there a reason why it can't be double click instead? Or right click and a pop up window with options?

Thanks!

• Like 1

I’ll have to remember that in case I have any other problems I’ll just triple click and thanks a lot for your response up there.

Double click is for selecting text, for amplifying or copying.

You can always Right click -> Look up -> Dictionary.  This is the same as a triple click!

Thanks Joel! This learning curve is proving to be a bit of a challenge for me

To help with the learning curve

If you are the sort of person who is into manuals, this will help, triple clicking is on page 10.

http://www.accordancefiles1.com/products/Accordance11Manual-print.pdf

If you are into visuals, i would watch some podcasts, you will learnt a few short cuts and good to chill out with coffee

https://www.accordancebible.com/Lighting-The-Lamp-Podcasts

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Thanks ukfraser and Helen! It's a fun challenge, though. I'm getting used to the Paper feature more and more. Very useful indeed!

There are some new "tutorial" style videos appearing in Accordances Youtube channel which even as an experienced Accordance user very helpful.

In fact, a recent video on "Browsing and Searching the Accordance Library" highlighted a way of finding where in your library a module is (a problem that occurs when your library grows beyond 20-30 items). Until I watched the video I didn't; know about (or maybe more likely had forgotten) that Accordance has a "Show in Library" option you can choose when you do a library search.

You can checkout the videos at

https://www.youtube.com/user/AccordanceBible/videos

• Like 1

Yes, these videos are included in the new manual, and will be viewed within Accordance (as long as you are online).

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, these videos are included in the new manual, and will be viewed within Accordance (as long as you are online).

Is this new manual the "Getting Started With Accordance" tool that loads into the Other Books  folder under Tools?  It is nice to have this resource in the Library!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Michael for the link to the YouTube Channel.  I can't ever get to a Online Training Session with Linda Perry as I am working at the times the Beginner Sessions are scheduled.  Was able to find it, and I printed the Training Seminar Manual for reference as well.