Copy-paste transliteration from interlinears?

EricC

Sometimes I'd like to copy the Accordance transliteration of a given Hebrew word and then paste it into notes I'm taking. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

It is possible to right-click, then choose Copy as Interlinear. This will copy the entire column, so if it includes the transliteration, so will the paste. You can then select just the transliteration from the pasted information. Note that two transliterations are available in the interlinear: the lexeme (dictionary form) and the word (inflected). Be sure to select the one you want.

The easiest way to copy a transliteration of a Hebrew word is from the Hebrew text. However, the Copy as transliteration there is always of the word (inflected form), not the lexeme.

• Like 2

Thank you, Dr. J. I usually want the transliteration of the inflected form, so I'll have to use the "Copy as Interlinear" method. I've probably done it before, but forgot :)

I wonder if we will ever get right click, cmd click or triple click on an iPad.

;o)

I'm still waiting for the iPad "Pro" with the OSX operating system!

• Like 1

I wonder if we will ever get right click, cmd click or triple click on an iPad.

If that means mouse support, then I think we won't. On iOS, Apple doesn't seem interested in replicating legacy computing platforms (Windows, Mac, desktop Linux) and inputs that aren't direct. I don't expect to see mice or trackpads unless they eventually allow 3rd party support, of which I am doubtful. 

We already have the equivalent of right-click on the iPad: tap and hold. A further refinement is in force-touch available on iPhones, but not yet on the iPads.

A command-click is quite feasible but not implemented yet as far as I know. There are plenty of command-keystrokes in place. Holding the command key down in any app that supports them will display which command-keystrokes are available. I think it would be possible to have a command-tap, but I don't know of any application that does it or if that's something Apple allows yet. 

We need to come up with an alternative tap method for the equivalent of a triple-click. 

I'm still waiting for the iPad "Pro" with the OSX operating system!

Well, in the sense that iOS is a fork of macOS/OS X/NeXTSTEP, you've already got it. But I know that's not what you meant :-)

For Apple to put a touch-friendly macOS on the iPad...well, that will never happen. As Tim C. has said (first in 2015 and now repeatedly), "The iPad is the clearest expression of our [Apple's PTB] vision of the future of personal computing."

For Apple, iOS must increase, and macOS decrease. I do believe iOS will continue to become more capable and gradually replace the Mac's capabilities, but with different means of input. 

But as I always point out, if you want macOS in a tablet, there's always the ModBook

• Like 1